How To Make Coopers Stout Really Strong / High In Alcohol Content?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
necro..

My first tucan.. in needing to get my barrel full and the 1.100 RIS taking time to ferment out, Im going to do a filler..

25L
2 x Coopers stout
2kg DME
350g Choc malt steeped half hour, 15 boil.

Ive got half a cake to throw on it.. clean, no dry hops were added... also Ive run out of DEX, hardly use it nowdays so had dropped off the inventory radar..

should be a short brewday ;)

I've found this interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFAUB6ZiGxM

he does bang on about the high ABV a bit.......

Jazzman said:
I've found this interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFAUB6ZiGxM

he does bang on about the high ABV a bit.......
Well, I watched the whole thing.

Quite an interesting take on the process. I was a little worried about sanitization until, after putting all manner of things into the vessel, he mentioned that the lid was sanitized.

It did appear to pour quite well about 30 secs after kegging though, hats off to that.

I only put it up for the OP for the ingredients really.

Yob said:
necro..

My first tucan.. in needing to get my barrel full and the 1.100 RIS taking time to ferment out, Im going to do a filler..

25L
2 x Coopers stout
2kg DME
350g Choc malt steeped half hour, 15 boil.

Ive got half a cake to throw on it.. clean, no dry hops were added... also Ive run out of DEX, hardly use it nowdays so had dropped off the inventory radar..

should be a short brewday ;)
Well that got messy... After I cleaned up the initial ferment and got the 10mm of yeast off the bottom of the fridge, I somehow thought it to be a good idea to add 5lt of reduced, caramelised runnings to it... After cleaning the fridge a second time of 10mm yeast on the bottom, I've decided to let it finish.

Jazzman said:
I only put it up for the OP for the ingredients really.
Hey Jazzman, no criticism at all, was actually quite fascinating, appreciate the link

All cool man. I didn't take any offence. Just my abbreviated reply. I enjoyed that vid too!

Latest posts

Back