How to get into Kegging?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LHBS at Rocky Pt Rd Kogarah has got 2 reco kegs,reg,and tap set up for $300 :icon_cheers:

I'm sure Boots is still urgently looking for a cheap keg system mate, there is no way he could have managed to get one in only 9 years.

Milob, they're awesome setups for that price, wish I had have known about it a year and a bit ago.

Anyway, Boots, if your not keen to spend all t he cash at once you can, like me, acquire them over a few months. The following are how I tried to source all my gear which worked well for me and turned out pretty cheap, I was a bit keen and am a tad annoyed I didn't know about mybeerstore.com.au. Anyway I spent around $300 ish.

for a fridge I recomend either ebay or try and get in touch with your locals harvey normans or good guys etc and see what they do with the fridges they get as "trade ins". Might be able to get one cheap as or for free.

For kegs, I got them from a member on here pretty cheaply but if you want wait around for cheep kegs you might be a while, having said that craftbrewer sell them 4 for $240 and delivery is free, you could also see if you can buy some quick disconnects and line and have them sent for free with the kegs.

Fore a regulator I'd gor for the entry level one on mybeerstore, with regulators so long as there not messed around with much and your not after crazy accuracy a cheap one should be fine.

Gas bottle, I rent mine, at the time of getting my keg setup couldn't justify buying one, a lot of members would say it's the more expensive route over time which is true but with my retailer if I want a new gas bottle I call them up and the drop one off for free and collect the old one for refilling, so for me it works out well and I pay $30 or so every 3 months so I'd have to have it 2 years before it'll cost me if i had have bought one.

So yeah hope this helps. if you're looking for kegging gear now might be worth putting the call out on here, might pick some bits and pieces up on the cheap.

Aaron

edit spleling ;)

LHBS at Rocky Pt Rd Kogarah has got 2 reco kegs,reg,and tap set up for $300 :icon_cheers:

not to rain on anyones parade, but that's not a cheap price for two kegs, a regulator and a tap. Even with hoses, clamps and seals, it's expensive to other stores options.

Particularly ones that aren't filled with black and yellow signage...

I'm sure Boots is still urgently looking for a cheap keg system mate, there is no way he could have managed to get one in only 9 years.
lol

Anyway, Boots, if your not keen to spend all t he cash at once you can, like me, acquire them over a few months. .......
just incase anyone has missed it ... this thread was started in 2002....
But the info about current cheap places to buy I'm sure would be appreciated by people .. but maybe not by boots.

lol

But the info about current cheap places to buy I'm sure would be appreciated by people .. but maybe not by boots.
Your probably right there mate!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
Lets hope hes got one sorted by now!!!!!!!!!!

Too funny... Was just thinking the same... If Boots hasn't got his shit together by now, well bugger me...

OT, that mybeershop link may be helpful for my bro who's wanting to get a keg setup in the very near future...

Thanks for the link

lol

Lol this is why I shouldn't reply to threads whilst pissed.

Aaron

Latest posts

Back