BrewFerm 50lt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JarrodQLD

Reaction score
I'm looking at the CheekyPeak 50lt BrewFerm. I've heard the seal and clamp can be a bit tricky to get a good seal to pressure ferment with the additional lid with glycol attachments. Any info, tips dubunks?

I'm looking at the CheekyPeak 50lt BrewFerm. I've heard the seal and clamp can be a bit tricky to get a good seal to pressure ferment with the additional lid with glycol attachments. Any info, tips dubunks?
I've got two CP unis (50 and 30L)

Seal on these ones isn't an issue but if need be usg keglube to hold it in place

Main tip is to make sure the lid and clamp are central, I tend to make sure I've got the top of my uni lip wet with no rinse sanitizer as well

I hate the clamps with a passion, I use keglube on the thread of the clamp as well

Have had to use tools to tighten further to hold the 15psi they are meant to be rated too.

My preference is triclamp

I've got these clamps on lids for other pots on my 3v that have more seal issues

Seal on these ones isn't an issue but if need be usg keglube to hold it in place

Main tip is to make sure the lid and clamp are central, I tend to make sure I've got the top of my uni lip wet with no rinse sanitizer as well

I hate the clamps with a passion, I use keglube on the thread of the clamp as well

Have had to use tools to tighten further to hold the 15psi they are meant to be rated too.

I've got these clamps on lids for other pots on my 3v that have more seal issues
Thanks for the tips. Looking at the photos on the website it does look like the lip isn't quite designed/shaped for that style of clamp. I currently have Keglands Brewzilla 55lt so I'm used to using a little extra lube for a good seal 😉

Given the price of a 2 inch tri clamp, I could only imagine the price of the one required for the Brewferm.

Thanks again mate

Hey mate, do you know where I can get a tri clamp that would fit the 50lt BrewFerm? I think it'd be about 26 inches. Google seems to be letting me down

Hey mate, do you know where I can get a tri clamp that would fit the 50lt BrewFerm? I think it'd be about 26 inches. Google seems to be letting me down
Sorry might have been unclear, I was meaning I prefer Unitanks etc that use triclamps rather then the clamp on the CP gear, the CP gear isn't setup to have a Triclamp as a replacement

Latest posts

Back