How Not To Get That Creamy English Head

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyo

No Chillin' Like a Villain.
Reaction score
Just draining my keg of Landlord and the carbonation is really low, talking last couple of pints low. So I think I remember Bribie using a syringe to sparkle up a nice creamy head on some beers once. So I head to the local junkies house and grab a syringe.
One quick squirt should do it, hey?
Yes it did. Bloody glass exploded beer all over the desk in the spare room, on the carpet, down my arm...massive carbonation hit

109_0186.JPG

The wife walked in while I took the pic, according to her I'm an Idiot.

About 2 or 3ml is the usual amount, innt? I presume you filled that whole bad-boy there?

Well, I'm sure it smells nice in there at least.

...'til tomorrow.

About 2 or 3ml is the usual amount, innt? I presume you filled that whole bad-boy there?

Well, I'm sure it smells nice in there at least.

...'til tomorrow.

You presumed right, mate. B)
2 or 3 mls, hey? mmmm

I don't use the method myself (a quick swirl is usually enough to bring up a bit of head on any lackluster brew I may punch out) however I do recall this gent talking about the method a bit:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry375015

My last few kegs have been English Ales so I have primed and carbed them in the keg which has worked beautifully. I am pretty shit at estimating FG at the best of times so the 'spunding' technique is off limits to me for now.

edit- Just realised you were showing me Butter's post :) As for the pocket pump, next time I'll try 2-3 mls instead of 10....
Cheers, mate. John.

Latest posts

Back