How Much Did You Brew 2012?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that a lot of you guys don't know exactly how much you have brewed for 2012, could I make a suggestion here?
Get yourselves an A4 display book, mine came from Office Works $5.00. Do it now and start a fresh this year. I print my Beersmith recipe out and make notes on it as I go, I also make notes when I drink the beer. If I brew the same beer again I go into Beersmith and check the date, then I can find the printed recipe and see if I made any notes in regard to recipe changes.

You can see easily see every recipe you have made throughout the year and your thoughts on the brew.

DSCF2975.JPG

Of course you don't need Beersmith just use whatever program your running.

And me?

1050lt, 100lt still fermenting and around 170lt still in kegs.

Batz

I see that a lot of you guys don't know exactly how much you have brewed for 2012, could I make a suggestion here?
Get yourselves an A4 display book, mine came from Office Works $5.00. Do it now and start a fresh this year. I print my Beersmith recipe out and make notes on it as I go, I also make notes when I drink the beer. If I brew the same beer again I go into Beersmith and check the date, then I can find the printed recipe and see if I made any notes in regard to recipe changes.

You can see easily see every recipe you have made throughout the year and your thoughts on the brew.

Batz

Great point Batz, I do pretty much the same thing.

Record keeping is very important atmo, you know what you did and what worked and what didn't work and perhaps why. I've made a few changes to my brew system in the last 12 months and having records of known results really helped me to tweak it.

Only 395 litres for me this year. Accordingly the stockpile built up over prior years has had a dent put in it.

It's not a pissing contest..

With the amount of beer being brewed and consumed, maybe it should be. Talk about breaking the seal. :D

I'm relatively new to the brewing game, so only 150 odd liters bottled last year. Hopefully, I'll manage a little more this year.

It all depends on how much you socialize I suppose,or how often you open you brew cave to the locals. ;)
I brew to share and people enjoy it,and I enjoy them enjoying it. :party:

batz

got loads of printed sheets... no bloody dates on them though <_<

35ish @ ~23 per batch = 805l... hang on that cant be right ..

Looking at the dates on the files it seems to be close... :blink:

shit, will have to change my name to Big Yob soon :lol:

about the same every year. 2200 lts. brew a double batch at least once a week. Drink it all with a little help from some friends. We have 29 kegs and no empties at the moment. 12 on tap, so they are in various stages of becoming available for the three batches fermenting.

FiretrucK, I thought I had a problem!

Beer Alchemy is showing that I have brewed 1057 Litres. No wonder my shorts are getting tight. :(

11 batches for about 165 litres, a drop from 600+ last year, gone from kits to AG and its hard to come by in my neck of the woods, costs more to do AG but far better results.
Have done another 4 or 5 batches with a mate who's just getting into AG as well, an extra beer supply chain, probably another 20 litres.

and SWMBO still complains 'you spend too much time making beer'.....I dont see how thats possible.

9 batches for 180 litres, feels like a lot more. Some split ferments in there and older cubes dug out.
Mainly only me drinking it, plus the occasional take-out for friends and family.
Still got 80L of it on tap/fermenting. :beer:

I did a 25L batch and three 20L batches for a grand total of 85L this last year. I brought 20L to an xmas party that was polished off, and still have about 30L left....

I did around 420L. That doesn't count a batch of Cider and a few doubles at a mates place.

Nothing like some on here.

A mere 240 litres.

440L

120L drunk in a single day. My decemBEERfest.

80L supplied for a wedding

Leaves 220L for me and friends.

No tip outs in 2012.

Latest posts

Back