How much beer have you brewed this year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next to nothing, I think 140L all up
Moved in November last year and didn't brew until I think February, then was busy with finding work, then getting work and the majority of weekends have been spent exploring the Hunter Valley and Upper Hunter since then.
And despite not really drinking much since moving, I've put on 13kg :(

sp0rk said:
And despite not really drinking much since moving, I've put on 13kg :(
I put on a few kg since I've been brewing, but I attribute that to also letting my diet slip and going to the gym less (also after moving house and offices, incidentally) since I've settled I've brewed more, drank more, eaten better and exercise more frequently. My (fl)abs aren't looking so bad again.

Lost ~5kg in 8 weeks not even trying that hard, now that summer's around the corner I'll be coming out of hibernation and getting active a lot more frequently as soon as this rain buggers off too.

damoninja said:
I put on a few kg since I've been brewing, but I attribute that to also letting my diet slip and going to the gym less (also after moving house and offices, incidentally) since I've settled I've brewed more, drank more, eaten better and exercise more frequently. My (fl)abs aren't looking so bad again.

Lost ~5kg in 8 weeks not even trying that hard, now that summer's around the corner I'll be coming out of hibernation and getting active a lot more frequently as soon as this rain buggers off too.
I smashed a soft disc in my back not long before I moved, riding trail bikes
So I haven't been in the gym, plus still eating like I'm powerlifting hasn't helped
Finally getting back on the bandwagon, back is still rooted, but I'm walking morning and evening and eating better

damoninja said:

I've lost over 20kg by cutting out rum and coke, sugar and All processed food.

400L approx. so far this year. 17 batches varying between 21 and 25 litres each. That's including a 25L cube of Bo Pils that's waiting to be fermented. Probably about normal rate for me, I don't drink a shitload and I only have one FV.

1100L

:blush:
jeeez, was not expecting it to add up to that much..... That's not including communal brews with mates at their place... which would be another 80L

About 200L, 50L was a gift to my brother for his birthday.
About half as much compared to the previous year. Mainly kit and bits but now doing AG when I have time

14 batches, so about 300litres.

Last year 36 batches = 800litres

This is what I have been worried about since becoming hooked on brewing. I haven't put on a lot of weight yet (have hovered between 85kg and 92kg for about a year - I fluctuate easily), but I can see how easy it would be. I eat extremely well and hit the gym 4 - 6 times per week plus sports, so I think once I settle into a brewing schedule and the excitement wears off, it will normalise. Part of my reason for getting into brewing was that I enjoy it and part of it was also being able to make stuff for others. So I've never drunk that much myself (never during the week and only on weekends with something on) and I'm hoping that won't change too much.

On topic, I've only brewed about 55L and another 23L on the way. Have barely drank 20L of that, but some of it needs to be tipped (water issues elsewhere mentioned).

abyss said:
OK with the latest on its way I'm up to 882 litres for 4 months work so hopefully I should reach my target of 2646 litres per annum.
I only drink Middies though and I try to keep my Old Girl plenty of bottles to sample also cider for the Missus and my two sons love to smash whatever is on tap.
I'm thinking of purposely brewing something with an infection and then piss in it to serve to all the freeloading neighbours.
Holy snappin duckshit!
What the F do you do in your spare time?

Just counting the 2500 litres that I was part of the crew who brewed an IPA at Murray's 2 weekends ago for Bitter and Twisted next weekend,
and the 600 litres of Maibock that my club, HUB, brewed at the Black Duck earlier this year, puts me out in front of most of you already.

It's too early to come in with a tally, so ask me in December, when this thread usually runs. Gosh!

399 let's say 400 L since Jan.
Don't know if I should be proud or ashamed after seeing some of the numbers [emoji15].

Les the Weizguy said:
Just counting the 2500 litres that I was part of the crew who brewed an IPA at Murray's 2 weekends ago for Bitter and Twisted next weekend,
and the 600 litres of Maibock that my club, HUB, brewed at the Black Duck earlier this year, puts me out in front of most of you already.

It's too early to come in with a tally, so ask me in December, when this thread usually runs. Gosh!
Is this a challenge ?

Lyrebird_Cycles said:
If so do we include wine and cider?
I guess so, as long as it makes you happy and you only drink middies.

Latest posts

Back