How much beer do you drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
My Doctor told me I can have 2-3 stubbies per night...I was happy with that

attachicon.gif
stubbie.jpg
I'm hoping you're not drinking the original inhabitants of those bottles Stu.

I know I drink fur too much, so say my doctor, but every year my liver function test comes back perfect, so he says.........ok keep up the good work

Probably 2 a night with a couple of AFDs per week with usually 1 weekend night where id have 10 I suppose. I thought I was bad but gees some of u guys suck down a serious amount of piss.

SJW said:
I know I drink fur too much, so say my doctor, but every year my liver function test comes back perfect, so he says.........ok keep up the good work
Steve, that sounds similar to a conversation my brother had with his doctor.
He was feeling a bit fluey so he went to the doc and explained his symptoms, whereupon the doc drew some blood for analysis.
Called him back in about a week later and explained that he had Ross River fever, and that he was the first case that he had ever seen that didn't need immediate hospitalisation, and that he should continue whatever he was doing to stay well.
No-one needed to give him a licence to drink too many longies of VB, smoke too many Winnie Reds and pull the odd billy, but there ya go.

As much as I can get away with as far as SWMBO is concerned :)

I'm trying to stay ahead of an alcoholic intervention (just check my e-signature), so no more than one or two nights drinking throughout the week and as much as I can get away with on the weekend. Like others have said, the more I brew - the more I want to drink. I just want to keep tasting my newer brews and see how the others are progressing over time...

My secret; go on a boys weekend every 3 -4 weeks with fellow drunks and get the worst of it out of your system for a while. I'm off to Tin Can Bay next weekend to drink in fishman territory. Hopefully the locals won't be too rough on us :p

I was a young and impressionable bar keep many years ago, and 5-6 nights of heavy drinking was the norm, things happened, drank more, I crashed, lost some stuff and got smacked in the mouth by my best mate. (thanks) The next morning he put me on a bus from one side of the country to the other. Some 20 years later I'm pretty good with where I'm at, I have 6 kids all told, to 4 different mothers, one ex-wife is reason enough for most blokes to drink. There always seems to be something to have to 'deal' with and the biggest tip for young players is to sit with that for a while soak up the emotion and figure out the what, where, why, and how.
I probably drink 4 or 5 nights a week but that will range from one 90ml taster to 5or 6 pints and I supose most of the time it's 2 or 3 middys (pots).
As i have been down some dark alleys in my time I remain well aware of where I'm at, and I've been on green 'p"s for like 4 years so I have to be 0.0ABV the next day.
My best mate is still my best mate too.

MB

I normally only drink on the weekends due to uni work during the week (and weekends unfortunately). Although if I finish a bunch of assignments it's nice to take a break before sleep such as tonight. Safe to my porter has improved a lot since I last tried it

kenlock said:
How much beer do I drink?

I only have one.......................at a time. :D

:drinks:
I have been known to pour myself a beer, lose it, pour a new one and then find the first. So I guess I can't honestly say one at a time as neither go to waste.

I use a 1 litre jug so that I can keep track of the quantity that I am having - 1 jug during the week, then 2 during the weekend. However if a friend happens to be there wanting a beer that may change!

Much more than I or anyone should...

usually 1 pint every other night during winter and maybe 1or 2 middies every night during summer
Winter is usually dark/heavy beers, summer is milds/mid strengths

Lucky to be 4 or 5 pints over the course of a weekend lately. Just cant get into the grove. Bring on summer.
Plus my heroin habit tends to be a bit of a distraction.

I usually drink most of my weekly intake on a Friday/Saturday which might mean around 4 - 5 pints per night (lately it's been less). I also generally have one beer on a Thursday (just in case Friday never arrives) and probably every couple if weeks, one or two on a Sunday afternoon. I say moderate, but my Dr says "moderately heavy" consumption.

Many many years ago I didn't have a drink for a week. Feeling unwell I went to the doc who informed I was dehydrated. Haven't been dehydrated since!

Trying not to drink mon-wed but proving difficult. Generally 1 or 2 schooners of a week night and then a dozen saturday night. If I'm brewing on a Sunday I'll have a couple more depending on if I went past a dozen.

Nothing like I used to when I was single, almost every night was a dozen

Back