How many transfer hoses do you have?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Reaction score
I'm finally adding the last few pieces to my 3V setup (a year after I started cobbling it together) and I'm upto buying camlocks and silicone hose
Just wondering how many transfer hoses other people are using, just so I know how many Type C camlocks to buy
I'm thinking 3 hoses at the moment, 1 from HLT to the pump, another from pump to MLT and a third for recirculating/spare
opinions would be great please ladies and gents :)

One more if you want to put a plate chiller in the loop.

A pic is worth a 1,000 words they say

wort_flow_zps3739f761.png

Then I have 1 more hose for draining from kettle to cube/fermenter.

Mine is exactly the same as QldKev . No moving hoses , just opening and shutting valves.

Mines still v much a work in progress and very similar to qldkevs.
If i ever bought i house id be able to set up a skid and hard pipe it possibly.
General idea though

Brew Set Up Nov 14 Layout2 (1)_001.png

Mine is also powered by Qldkev. Except Ive noticed that between brews I get water sitting in the bottom of the pump which turns all manky when I brew next. (Even when I try to blow most of it out with a compressor)

ive started transferring the first 2 litres of water into a seperate jug and throwing out but might look at turning the pump head 90 degress clockwise so the lowest point drains the water out. i just have to add some elbows etc to my pump Tees to suit the hose paths.

QldKev said:
A pic is worth a 1,000 words they say

wort_flow_zps3739f761.png

Then I have 1 more hose for draining from kettle to cube/fermenter.
Your hemrs coil is shit Kev..thats never going to work.

I won't be going with a HERMs until next tax return (that's usually when I do a few upgrades), so I might go with 4 for now and add a 5th (and possibly 6th) next year
Thanks lads!

med_gallery_28051_1075_107202.jpg

2 hoses w/camlocks... System to Plate Chiller , and Plate Chiller to Fermenter (single ended).
Have since added a 3rd hose to connect the 10 micron filter after the chiller (helps remove whirfloc trub).

Back