How long should my cylinder last...roughly

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axematt

Reaction score
Gday All.

I know this could be seen as a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question but this is my first keg set up so I don't have a previous guide to go on. I have a kegerator running three 19 litre kegs and just do the normal stuff with the gas, but I have run out and I have had the set up for about 6 months. Does that sound right?

Cheers

What size gas bottle do you have?

From one of the sponsor’s web sites:

Our 2.6Kg gas bottles come ready to fill with CO2. With a cylinder shut off valve this little tank can dispense up to 400L of beer. Up to 200L of carbonating and dispensing if used for homebrewing purposes.

Our 6Kg gas bottles are ready to fill with CO2. With a cylinder shut off valve this larger tank can dispense up to 1000L and carbonate and dispense up to 500L of beer.

Crap. yeah forgot to put that in the post, sorry. I have a 2.6Kg cylinder and I have only completely emptied 3 kegs and there is about 2 half full, so looking at those figures I'd say I have a possible leak. Thanks for that info S.E
Cheers

You’re welcome. After reading what I copied and pasted above though I think the last bit should say: this larger tank can dispense up to 1000L OR carbonate and dispense up to 500L of beer.

Latest posts

Back