How long is your hose?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macca05

Reaction score
Hey all,
Before you get too excited I am actually talking about the length of tubing used from your keg to your tap.
At the moment I am using 4m x 5mm tubing and TBH find it a PITA as I have 3 kegs in the fridge already and want to add more soon.
I was told at the LBH that if I going shorter is not really going to work. He said I may be able to cut them down to 3m each but that is about it
something to do with pressure or something like that. I wanted to change to 2m lengths :)

So please if you are using a kegging system please let me know some specifics
tube Diameter
tube length
pressure you set your Co2

Cheers
Macca

About 1 foot on a brumby tap, pours well enough! :D

just get some perlicks and dont worry about the line length. my longest line in my 9 tap kegarator is about 50cm.

You need to read up on "keg balancing", my good man.

There are other factors that need to be taken into account; such as height of taps from the centre of keg, temperature of beer and desired carbonation of beer.

A Perlick flow control tap may enable you to get by with a shorter line, but you may find yourself constantly riding the flow control.

Just coil the excess length up into a tight coil and wire tie/zip tie it together.

Zip tie them up or get flow controls and have the shortest hose you have ever seen.

Spiesy said:
You need to read up on "keg balancing", my good man.

There are other factors that need to be taken into account; such as height of taps from the centre of keg, temperature of beer and desired carbonation of beer.

A Perlick flow control tap may enable you to get by with a shorter line, but you may find yourself constantly riding the flow control.
Thanks thats the phrase i was looking for so i could understand it better.cwhile im procrastinating today during my study i know what i will be reading about :)

QldKev said:
Just coil the excess length up into a tight coil and wire tie/zip tie it together.

Cube said:
Zip tie them up or get flow controls and have the shortest hose you have ever seen.
Zip ties are exactly what ive used atm but thought there could be an easier way.
Thanks for the responses :)

For what it's worth, I got sick of my long lines and went with Perlick FC's (flow controls).

But then I got a little tired of having to always ride the FC's, particularly in warmer weather. I also watched many friends and my wife (constantly) not understand the FC's, and continually pour bad beers... ruining the HB experience.

I went back to longer lines, coiled up and zip tied.

Spiesy said:
For what it's worth, I got sick of my long lines and went with Perlick FC's (flow controls).

But then I got a little tired of having to always ride the FC's, particularly in warmer weather. I also watched many friends and my wife (constantly) not understand the FC's, and continually pour bad beers... ruining the HB experience.

I went back to longer lines, coiled up and zip tied.
Good to know. Think I will just stick with the longer lines and try and get some kind of 3m clips that will stick inside the fridge and ziptie them to that.

Thanks

Back