How Have You Setup Your Camlocks?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crozdog

Lunchbox Legend!
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm looking at getting camlocks to replace the plastic hose fittings I've been using for some time but want to know how you have setup your camlocks?

Do you use Males on the vessels & pumps with females on the hoses? Or Females on the vessels & pumps with males on the hoses? (I know i'm leaving this open to lots of interesting comments, but how else do you describe it? B) )

Why did you chose to setup your camlocks the way you have? eg
- easier to clean.
- easier to connect / disconnect
- looks better

BTW, Thanks to all of the previous posters for the info on sourcing camlocks. Top stuff. :beer:

Crozdog

Guys,

I'm looking at getting camlocks to replace the plastic hose fittings I've been using for some time but want to know how you have setup your camlocks?

Do you use Males on the vessels & pumps with females on the hoses? Or Females on the vessels & pumps with males on the hoses? (I know i'm leaving this open to lots of interesting comments, but how else do you describe it? B) )

Why did you chose to setup your camlocks the way you have? eg
- easier to clean.
- easier to connect / disconnect
- looks better

BTW, Thanks to all of the previous posters for the info on sourcing camlocks. Top stuff. :beer:

Crozdog
Best to have males on your vessels and females on your hoses, because the arms on the females fold back and might run into your valves/vessel walls etc. I've had to go the other way because they were out of stock of the M-BSP to M-camlock in half inch, but I'm lucky in that the arms just line up correctly with the valves.

For hose that are interchangable and get detatched and chucked around the place its better to use the females because there is a bigger chance of damaging the outside of the male ones in this type of use, whereas it does not really matter to much if the females get knock about a bit on the outside.

its also been documented by several members that its easier to clean the females when they are on the hoses rather than the vessels

Like this on all 3 vessels

hltwithquickreleasecamlockfitting2.jpg

Cheers

Latest posts

Back