How Far Can A Perth Pub Go To Stop You From Having A Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxmcbain

Reaction score
My brother in-law was told If you have sleeve tattoos you can't drink at the Craftsman unless you cover them up so he had to go buy a long sleeve shirt so he could meet his mate for a pint.
Me personally I would have just walked away and drunk somewhere else.
I cant see how a pub can discriminate against you because you have tattoos. But I know if you made a complaint they would use the line "Management reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone"

New pub at the Westfield Carousel Shopping Centre replaced the old Foundry

The Craftsman

It's the old Foundry at Carousel in Cannington

Looks like a place for wankers to hang out and compare hair styling products

"Management reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone"

Effin' shits me when I see this at pubs. FFS, they let wankers in that glass people but god fobid anyone have tatt's or a ******* mohawk or be gothed out.

/rant

I have been kicked / asked to leave out of the foundry on a Thursday night went and purchased a new shirt an was still refused entry :D

I'd think they're lining themselves up for a very big lawsuit from someone with lower arm ink.If i lived in that area i',d get a heap of mates together who had ink,dress very tidily,engage a few other people to come along too who didn't have ink and see what happened.A great test case for the state civil liberties organisation ;) If it's true,they're a bunch of wankers and not worth buying a beer from anyway :p

"Management reserve the right to refuse entry to any given person at any given time"... said that a few times in my day.

I once got bounced for wearing a particular type of sports shoes... nike shox. Got told people who wear them are trouble makers. "ok" i said. They let everyone else in. Security manager came out, saw i wasn't trouble then took me through the side entrance.

Sometimes it's just a test.

I've been refused entry from a pub for being indescribably goodlooking.

My friend was refused entry to Malt Supper Club for the same reason.... But they let football jocks with mullets and wearing those stupid white pointy tipped shoes in... My friend is the most non-violent nice person you would ever meet.
Pretty sure that Bogan cesspool Botanica has the same rules...

Pubs and clubs are shit in Perth anyway (excluding craft beer venues..).

i would only ever ban someone from a club if they were wearing the 'lad' suit as follows:
nike dry fit cap, nautica polo shirt, ccc trackpants, and nike tn/shox shoes.

mmmmm, Looks like I won't be going there anytime soon......

Probably wouldn't even help that mine is a hop piece...

I've just sent an e-mail to Civil Liberties Australia regarding the matter,and recieved confirmation of such.As someone who's had ink for over 30 years ,i've copped shit like this so many feckin' times i can't count them.Enough is enough,I'll keep people posted as to what their reply is,gonna be interesting ;)

Just thought about something, I could so play with these rules when I get my other sleeve done.......They don't mention scarifications do they???

Once upon a time the only people with tattoos were probably trouble. This has changed a lot but it seems that for some reason this pub has some pre-1990 attitudes. I'd give them a lecture and then go elsewhere and make it my mission to get the topic of this pub's crap attitude into every possible conversation. Anyway, given that it's in real bogan country I don't see how they can make a quid refusing entry to people with tattoos. Maybe standing on principle isn't worth it when you really want a drink?

Me and my Irish stepfather were not allowed in to an Irish bar in Perth a few years ago over footwear.

He argued the toss (he's a solicitor) and they let us in, think we were the only two in the place who had ever been to Ireland.

Irish pub with a dress code?? Never seen it in Ireland.

I'd say feck em' too

I know you want to prove they are wrong (and they are), and go for it

but i wouldnt reward the bastards by spending any of my hard earned in there...

I was once refused entry to a Toowoomba nightclub & was told that was too drunk to come in. I agreed with the bouncer & replied "I wouldn't f#$ken come here if I was sober".

Cheers

Paul

I would just scrap the place all togwthet. Try and show the bouncer up with logic and I'm sure they will listen.

I've been refused entry from a pub for being indescribably goodlooking.

BAHAHAHA! That's gold :)

I worked for many years as a doorman/doorhost/crowd marshall/security/bouncer/whatever.

I don't think I ever knocked anyone back saying they had tatts. That is just asking for trouble/arguments

However, if they had tatts, missing teeth, ratty hair, torn jeans and anything that resembled biker wear I would definitely but *kindly* refuse entry on the torn jeans.

If a bloke walked up with the coolest looking ink sleeve and a crazily-tall purple mohawk and the rest of the demeanor and outfit said he would be a relaxed customer then sure, let the guy in. Most people fitting this description are pretty chilled.

It's all about seeing the whole package and making the judgement - and what sort of place the owners want it to be.

And if a bunch of cocky, muscle-bound young guys walk up, well-dressed(ish) but wearing an assortment of tight t-shirts bought from Cotton-On stating that they played for some non-existant US "varsity" team and most of them sporting the twatty fauxhawk (ending in a shitty little mullet) that David Beckam introduced in 2000 and then hastily abandoned waaaaay back in 2001 I would find any excuse not to let twats like them in - 9 times out of 10 they have a few drinks and then get agressive toward anything that looks at them - they are just too much work.

"Management reserving the right to refuse entry" is all that doormen have to prevent issues with arseholes and drunks - there doesn't even need to be a sign stating this because it's a private establishment and there is no law stating that a potential patron must be let in. The places I worked at had very few fights and issues and that was due to doormen being polite, friendly and courteous when patrons arrive, helping people whenever they required it and not letting any old tool in.

EDIT: Maxmcbain - those last seven words do not refer to you and your brother-in-law; I'm sure the doorman was being an idiot when he refused your brother-in-law entry :)

Back