How Do You Keep The Spiner Inthe Middle Of The Stir Plate ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
It works ok until the yeast builds up then the spinner falls off!!

I have two stirbars.. ones about 23mm another around 40mm.. the 23mm went great!!! the 40mm spun off often..

Mind you it just has to suspend the yeast I dont think you need a massive amount of movment..

It works ok until the yeast builds up then the spinner falls off!!

If your mag plate has a variable speed, then mess with it a bit. Also, are you sure that you have it dead centre to begin with as that can throw the balance off once the viscosity of the liquid builds up? We use these in the lab and they can be a real PITA. You might need to end up buying a larger stir bar as that should overcome the problem, but I'm not sure how easily available different sizes are.

Hey Pumpy,

It will nornally spin off if the magnetic field isn't strong enough, I found that if you use 2 hard drive rare earth magnets in a circle configuration eg () . this seems to hold my stir bar (23mmx6mm) with out a problem at all speeds and yeast growths. I have also found that if the stir bar has the pivot point, this can also cause problems.

Cheers

PJ

Hey Pumpy,

It will nornally spin off if the magnetic field isn't strong enough, I found that if you use 2 hard drive rare earth magnets in a circle configuration eg () . this seems to hold my stir bar (23mmx6mm) with out a problem at all speeds and yeast growths. I have also found that if the stir bar has the pivot point, this can also cause problems.

Cheers

PJ

Cool thanks PJ

Latest posts

Back