How Do You Fill Your Kegs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a JG-JG joiner instead of the male-screw-to-JG fitting illustrated above.

The silicon hose seals nicely against it on one end, against the fermenter tap with a wing-screw hose clamp on the other and beer-line to whatever you want next. Depending on how I feel, it will be through a filter or not to the beer-out post of the keg. I detect keg-full with a gas-QD on the gas-out post, which gives me a fair bit of head-space in my keg, although not as much as Screwtop, etc would like.

I just use some tubing that I got from the big green shed, pushed over the fermenter nozzle and down into the keg bottom. Once full I'll connect to gas and pull the relief valve a few times to make sure that it's purged.

just open the tap over the keg and let it fall in. there's enough co2 in the beer to keep a blanket there.

:unsure: I'd hope thats via a length of tube to the bottom of the keg....

nah mate theres heaps of co2 in the beer aye, nice blanket, no worries, she'll be right

Yeah ey I dont even know why you bother with all these methods at all - just unscrew the lid and pour it in from the top of the fermenter.

wait.. what?

Yeah ey I dont even know why you bother with all these methods at all - just unscrew the lid and pour it in from the top of the fermenter.

wait.. what?

hahaha yep just dump it in

or even better, because there's co2 in the beer in the fermenter just fill up your glass straight from the fermenter. too easy.

hahaha yep just dump it in

or even better, because there's co2 in the beer in the fermenter just fill up your glass straight from the fermenter. too easy.

i like this method, although i use a tea strainer over the mouth of the keg to break up the trub and filter out hop debris! :icon_chickcheers:

Back