How Do I Get The Dog To Stop Barking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbiebrewer

Reaction score
So I've got this dog (18 months) and just received a noise complaint from the council. He barks a fair bit when playing with the other dogs. Anyone got some tips on getting him to stop barking?

Thanks in advance

bullet.gif

Its a tricky one. You kind of want a dog to be vocal if its alearting you some shithead jumping your fence, but I know when my lab arc's up at 4:30am, like this morning, I want to boot the prick across the backyard.
I had a mate train his pigging dogs to shut up using one of those citronella collars, slightly more humane than the previous callers suggestion, and it worked fine.
Your local vet or pet shop should be able to hook you up.

Failing that, duct tape his mouth shut.

So I've got this dog (18 months) and just received a noise complaint from the council. He barks a fair bit when playing with the other dogs. Anyone got some tips on getting him to stop barking?

Thanks in advance

if you go to a pet shop you can buy a devise that fits onto the collar that when the dog barks it sprays the dogs face
with water , can use citranella if it continues

these work ,

cost about $90

Get yourself a Pug for your next dog.

Can't remember the last time ours barked.

:D :p ;)

I remember my mum tried a citronella collar on her dog (lab cross). The genius didn't like being sprayed with the offensive smell so she barked at it.

Until she emptied the can.

Every time.

Your results mat vary.

if the dog is barking whilst playing with other dogs or its not invasive you can tell the council to shove off. its only when its disturbing the peace etc.

dog trainers will tell you to throw water over the dog along with a verbal command every time it barks and its not allowed to. then progress to methods such as the citronella sprayer. there is also one which is bark/volume activated and it emits a high pitch noise that only the dog can hear but annoys the crap out of it. then ther are the 'shock' collers. they work 100% of the time that the dog wears the coller. take it off and some dogs will still bark.

Any chance you can make the exact same joke three times in the one thread? The third time will be sure to inflame people's ire!

One of these...

rolled_up_newspaper.jpg

And some internal fortitude. Actually try to figure out what is setting off your dog? And try some positive training techniques. All else fails get a back collar.

then ther are the 'shock' collers. they work 100% of the time that the dog wears the coller. take it off and some dogs will still bark.

Haha, my sister has one of those perimiter shock collars for her farm so her dog doesnt go roo hunting on the neighbours property. For the first few weeks the dog kept shocking herself when she was running around stupid but she doesnt have to wear it anymore.

Its funny though, if you take her for a walk somewhere she will be bolting around and when she gets to the perimiter where she knows the shock used to happen, she will creep really slowly awaiting the zap. Pass it and bolt again! haha funny thing to see.

Latest posts

Back