Hot Water Heater Element

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say your thermometer is wrong - how can water boil below 100c when the boiling point of water is 100c?

The boiling point of water is slightly different depending on a couple of things. 1) the salts etc in the water and 2) the altitude you are boiling. I know for instance that the water here in Canberra boils at around the 97 mark.

The boiling point of water is slightly different depending on a couple of things. 1) the salts etc in the water and 2) the altitude you are boiling. I know for instance that the water here in Canberra boils at around the 97 mark.

Some pollies would argue that point :lol:

I am still having trouble with reaching a 30 min boil in a yellow bucket...

Should I be shutting 1 of the rings off.......

The boyle looks good, but the Amp meter seems to be pushing past the stopper on the right hand side......I think I bent the needle... :huh:

I am still having trouble with reaching a 30 min boil in a yellow bucket...

Should I be shutting 1 of the rings off.......

The boyle looks good, but the Amp meter seems to be pushing past the stopper on the right hand side......I think I bent the needle... :huh:

The plastic bucket would be HR so thats where your I is going maybe you need to drop an earth in the water to get some C in the Gas Circuit, would this build an electron cloud on the opposite side of the bottom of the placky bucket to the three ring burner. Just thinking if you pulsed the gas supply you would be dealing with a Reactive Cct - alternating heat energy.

So...

what you are saying ,is if i play "Cotton Eye Joe" and stamp my foot next to the gas bottle, it will requlate the C and improve the boil...

I always wondered why whenever I play the the Spice Girls my beer end up funny... B)

So if the brew is going no-chill then is all this really necessary? Or do I just use a different coloured bucket?
What if I have HSA issues with my brew, will I need to use two different coloured buckets or does it all really come down to what music is playing?

I've done a little research.

It is really important to only ever use the red buckets. They are the only ones that are rated 'Fire Buckets'.

Ditto for hose reels.

Ditto for hose reels.

Ummmm, do not want to step on anyones parade, but I do some development for Wormald and I just spoke to them about this - I told them that to get a better boil put all your hoses into a red fire bucket and put it onto the fire - worked well, the hoses were boiling within minutes - Apparently the guys were not as impress as I - they didn't want their hoses to boil?? I was like WTF is wrong with you this is perfect - but then I realised, they are just K&Kers so they do not get it......... <_<

Apparently, from what I read on the internet, Coles and Woolies buckets come from the same factory, they just have different stickers on them

I am pretty sure that it is the sticker that affects the the boil and their mashing qualities...

Apparently, from what I read on the internet, Coles and Woolies buckets come from the same factory, they just have different stickers on them

I am pretty sure that it is the sticker that affects the the boil and their mashing qualities...

pretty sure that I saw them at Aldi with a free spice girls CD. I think the red ones had a free Cotton Eye Joe CD

Bulk buy blue buckets for Boyle's in a Bucket Brewing????

I've done a little research.

It is really important to only ever use the red buckets. They are the only ones that are rated 'Fire Buckets'.

Ditto for hose reels.

That dependson the IRU rating of the bucket. (International Red Uniuts)

Back