Hops From Nz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it that the big Hop suppliers can't be asked dealing with small fry?

Another reason to support small business I suppose. They(small business) seem to look after their clients/customers rather than the almighty dollar and forgetting the knock on effect and ill will that follows.
That will be 2 cents for that thanks, ching-chink...

Daz

I think you mean to type arsed

:icon_cheers:

In any case it's typical the way that Australia is treated. For example Kelloggs have Aus nicely tied up and if the local factory tried to export cornflakes to China, for example, they wouldn't allow it, and if Ford Australia wanted to flood the UK with locally built Falcons they couldn't do it. Because most of business and industry is globalised, and the decisions made are nothing to do with what you or I voted for in the last election, they are taken by faceless grey people in Frankfurt or Los Angeles. So a company external to Australia can determine where and from whom you can buy hops because that decision, made overseas and outside the control of anyone here, can dictate your spending.

endeth lesson

Just giving bribie shit because of his recent announcement that he is a grammar nazi due to being a proof reader.

Is held back kids a politically correct term for special?

Just giving bribie shit because of his recent announcement that he is a grammar nazi due to being a proof reader.

Is held back kids a politically correct term for special?

I meant to mean "mean" in a globally concurrent sense if that means anything to you - at least that's what I meant to say when I typed it; but I still mean it. Meantime ................

Edit: manticle, don't be so mean to me - if you look at the mean of the shit stirrers who post here I'm .... come to think of it the more you look at and say "mean" the more fuckin stupid the word becomes.

:icon_offtopic:

Hi BribieG,

Loved your ESB at the 2009 QLD Xmas swap :chug: The Styrian was a nice touch. (was it NZ Styrian :ph34r: or Craftbrewer NZ :rolleyes: )

Just thought I would lighten the thread up a little

BYB

If You Are on holdiday nz hops will post to you in nz at your hotel or motel i have done it before and i have friends in nz so it works out to $4 Nz per 100 grms not including postage they are vaccumed sealed in foil bags as well

Hi Jazman,
Did you have any trouble getting them through customs when you got back to OZ? I'm going to be in NZ for Xmas so might get some while I'm there.

BYB
It was a plug from Craftbrewer from Styria :lol: Haven't actually tried NZ Styrians, reviled (Auckland) reckons they aren't much chop. NZ hops I do like are their Fuggles flowers and Green Bullet for bittering, and the Hallertau Aroma flowers IMHO give the German ones a real run for their money.

Seriously, did a SMASH with the H.A. and it turned out wearing lederhosen and driving a BMW. Used the H.A. pellets in a subsequent brew and not as distinctive, back to the flowers for subsequent brews, even though they are 08, must have been a good year for them :icon_cheers:

Seriously, did a SMASH with the H.A. and it turned out wearing lederhosen and driving a BMW. Used the H.A. pellets in a subsequent brew and not as distinctive, back to the flowers for subsequent brews, even though they are 08, must have been a good year for them :icon_cheers:

Pellets vs flowers, apples vs oranges, etc etc... (Farnesene loss during peletisation probably accounts for a big difference?)

Excuse me if I just bring this thread back on topic for a minute, but I just got an email back from Doreen at NZhops, after asking if they would post to my parents place in Whangarei (NZ).

"Hi Aaron

We have in the past supplied home brewers direct but with the increase of enquiries we do not have the resources to efficiently despatch orders in a timely manner.

We are now encouraging brewers to contact their nearest brewshop."

So it seems that the kiwi homebrewers are also out of luck.

Excuse me if I just bring this thread back on topic for a minute, but I just got an email back from Doreen at NZhops, after asking if they would post to my parents place in Whangarei (NZ).

"Hi Aaron

We have in the past supplied home brewers direct but with the increase of enquiries we do not have the resources to efficiently despatch orders in a timely manner.

We are now encouraging brewers to contact their nearest brewshop."

So it seems that the kiwi homebrewers are also out of luck.

lol, she prolly just said that cos she knew you were an aussie ;) :lol:

Haven't actually tried NZ Styrians, reviled (Auckland) reckons they aren't much chop.

I said they werent as good compared to their slovenian counterparts, however in their own way they are still a nice hop, ive used NZ styrians in a few belgians with good results, its just never quite as good as when you use the real thing!

AaronP nz pellets are fine as long as you declare

lol, she prolly just said that cos she knew you were an aussie ;) :lol:

I'm actually a Kiwi living in Oz (dole's a lot better over here :p ). I guess I shouldn't have used my Oz email address. Have you ordered from them recently Reviled? Maybe I'll get my old man to ring them and see if that works.

Latest posts

Back