Hope This Week Is Better Than Last Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airgead

Ohhh... I can write anything I like here
Reaction score
Folks

Last week was going so well. Until Wednesday when the boss flew in from Shanghai to tell me that my job was moving to Singapore. Since I don't want to move to Singapore (its, hot, humid, boring and the beer sucks) I spend the rest of the week clearing my desk and discussing my redundancy payout. :angry: :(

As of Friday I joined the ranks of the unemployed, sitting around the house drinking beer. Worse still, I had to drink commercial beer as the 3% Bitter I have on tap didn't really match my mood...

Anyone in Sydney need a good Development Manager?

At least the job market here is in pretty good shape right now.

Cheers
Dave

Airgead,

take some time out, brew, drink, clear the head then get back in the saddle. Remember we don't often get provided a cheque & the option to smell the roses for a while. i know it happened to me a couple of months ago.

The market is bouyant so you shouldn't have too much difficulty. Good luck with it.

Crozdog

Hard luck Airgead.....take a few weeks off....kick back and then get back into it.
Cheers
Steve

i would have gone to Singers for 6-12 months

good luck anyway :beer:

Thanks Guys.

It will probably work out for the best. And a couple of weeks taking is easy is certainly welcome. Might even get a few brews done.

Tangent - if it was just me I would probably go to Singapore for a year. Its a bit harder with the missus and kids though.

Cheers
Dave

Well folks... I start work Monday. New job. Less travel. Higher pay. I should get made redundant more often ;-)

Cheers
Dave

From an ex-Berowra boy to a Hornsby boy, well done mate...as the saying goes Behind every cloud there is a silver lining.

cheers

Browndog

Well folks... I start work Monday. New job. Less travel. Higher pay. I should get made redundant more often ;-)

Cheers
Dave

Well done! Hope you got a few brews in.
Cheers
Steve

Well done! Hope you got a few brews in.
Cheers
Steve

Only one I'm afraid. When I was made redundant I started a whole bunch of jobs round the house thinking I would have a month or two to finish them off. You know, potter around looking busy, go to the odd interview, get some brewing done...

When I got the offer after only 2 weeks I was left with a bunch of jobs that I couldn't leave half done so my last week of freedom was spent madly painting, digging and concreting to get everything finished.

Still, now that all my chores are done I can relax and brew on weekends for a while.

Cheers
Dave

i can't believed you became unemployed because of those reasons.....mate you should js take the job as a man and endue through it

Back