• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hop Rhizomes. $10 Plus Freight, Sept 2010.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

Reaction score
I have Hop Rhizomes available for $10.00 each for AHB members. Here is the link to last years sales.
Rhizomes that are currently available are listed below. Most varieties are just starting to bud, so it is the perfect timing for planting.

Chinook, Cluster, Goldings, Hersbrucker, Mt Hood, Nugget, Pride of Ringwood, Tardiff de Bourgogne, Tettnang, Victoria, Wurtenberger.

Please send me a PM with the varieties you are interested, first in first serve.

Freight will be by express post satchels,
500g $8.00,
3000g $12.00,
5000g $19.00.

Each Rhizome + Vermiculite will weight approx 200g in a press seal bag to keep moist.

I am in Adelaide and will not send rhizomes to Western Australia or Tasmania. They have been propagated in a Phylloxera Exclusion Zone and all soil will be removed before packaging.

Please be patient with my PM reply, I will wait a couple of days to get back to you once I have consolidated a list.
Cheers
Boston

Guys the following hop rhizomes are still available if any one is interested.

Chinook, Cluster, Goldings, Pride of Ringwood, Victoria.

All interstate deliveries are now in the post. Please let me know if anyone has not received them by Thursday and I will send you the post tracing code.

I don't have time to send you all the codes before hand. Fingers crossed, you wont need it.

Are you still doing that price?
I still have a few left. I think I am down to Victoria, POR, Chinook, and Cluster. Need to check on the Goldings tomorrow.

I got a couple more orders today that I am working through. Send me a PM with your request and I will see if I can slot you in.

I am going to Melbourne this weekend so may take a week to get the next lot through. They are all in the coolroom, so no issues.

Victoria is a great hop that not many have heard of. It is a high AA hop that gives great peach flavours, I have an all Victoria IPA/APA beer on the go at the moment which is tasting great.

Jeff i got mine in the post this morning thanks very much for the extra :)
Great service would use again.
Cheers Damien

Jeff i received the hops today and thankyou for the extra hop :icon_cheers:

Matt

Ach, mine too. Thanks for the extra (I was wondering about that).

Cheers :beer:

mine was sitting in the fridge when i got home from work ..got love a 14 hour shift.Will pop the bag tomorrow after school to see how they travelled.

cheers axel

Got mine today as well. Cheers for the extra PoR. I actually thinned out my PoR this Spring and gave a heap of rhizomes away. But what the heck, I'll plant it too.

My neighbour's just put in a huge fence between our houses, and it looks bare... I just got approval from SWMBO to pretty it up with some hops.

Do you have any Cluster or Chinook left?

SWMBO phoned me at work to let me know there was something in the mail... Then started harping about what it was and how much did I pay for it... the perils of the home brewer...

Thanks very much Boston. The bonus was unexpected but thoroughly appreciated. Thanks again!

excuse my ignorance is there a reason you wont send to WA? customs? hate ppl from WA?

Boston, my goldings is in the ground today. Aside from the bsb thing you sent it to the wrong address, but it got here eventually. I was most impressed by the fancy packaging - like something from a 70's sci-fi movie haha.

Cheers,
R.

I am in Adelaide and will not send rhizomes to Western Australia or Tasmania. They have been propagated in a Phylloxera Exclusion Zone and all soil will be removed before packaging.

said in first post you will find its the same with all hops I know australia wide the are strict with live plants, more so where they grow them, IE bannana plants cant be taking past most places in northern qld and nsw to prevent diesese spread

Cheers for the hops Boston. They certainly look good.

Only catch now is to figure out how to keep them safe from an overly playful St Bernard.

excuse my ignorance is there a reason you wont send to WA? customs? hate ppl from WA?

Quarantine risk. WA and TAS have strict guidelines for receiving plant material. I know some on here are sending rhizomes over there and one member had communications with the WA department of Ag, saying it was Ok in small amounts, but I wont do it. I am certified to write Plant Health Certificates for importing and exporting winegrapes and vine material into and out of South Australia so will not be part of anything that may put my Accreditation at risk.

Boston, my goldings is in the ground today. Aside from the bsb thing you sent it to the wrong address, but it got here eventually. I was most impressed by the fancy packaging - like something from a 70's sci-fi movie haha.

Cheers,
R.
Shit sorry. At least you have it. Send me a PM with the address I sent it to for my own curiosity.

To all the guys that have sent me a PM, I am confident your orders will be filled.

For any one else I will have a few Goldings, Chinook, and Pride of Ringwood.

I will confirm orders by PM next Tuesday, unable to get to it any sooner.

Latest posts

Back