Hop Rhizome Ebay Madness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a good way to make a list of AHBers blackbanned from giveaways. Anyone else want to step forward?

Nice to know I am on your black banned list kirem

Perhaps I should have read the post better but I thought it was about people selling hops on ebay and I can't see a problem with that.No I don't agree with people getting hops given to them and then reselling them.Not that I'll ever get any from you as I am back banned <_<

Batz

Maybe Ebay should set up a feature called the "MAX buy price" first person to bid to that amount wins :eek:

Kabooby ;)

Nice to know I am on your black banned list kirem

Perhaps I should have read the post better but I thought it was about people selling hops on ebay and I can't see a problem with that.No I don't agree with people getting hops given to them and then reselling them.Not that I'll ever get any from you as I am back banned <_<

Batz

I apologise Batz.

I can't see a problem with selling hops either and I think we agree on the values of taking a giveaway and then reselling rhizomes at ridiculous prices.

consider yourself removed my BACK banned list :D

Agree totally and probably what Stewart used to sell them for was on the high side but still fair, but $100...come on....

And I agree with you here too Kirem, but this thread was about a seller on ebay, not a seller on AHB which it seems to have been turned to. Like I said, if he was offering them here for $98.00 he would get my thumbs down, but he offered them on ebay for 99 cents and some fools bid up to $98.00 then half his luck.

I just hope, given the amount of brewers here offering them cheaply or for nix, that someone here wasn't a winning bidder with sour grapes :p .

Cheers
Andrew

It may be poor form, but then, some might also say that owning a online brew store and being really active in brewing forums is also a bit dodgy.

:icon_offtopic:

Really... :eek: ...people really think making an effort and putting all your time, money and resources into making/finding products suitable for use in this hobby and then making them available while at the same time as sharing everything you've learnt along the way...makes a retailer dodgy...... damn...and here I thought I was sharing my favourite hobby with like minded people and hopefully providing some products/services that might not otherwise be available.......WOW. I'm dodgy!

Maybe I should shut shop and go sell secondhand cars .....:lol:

I totally agree with Andrew, they're only worth what the buyer will pay. Simple as that.

But remember if you give something away, with no conditions, that's it! It's no longer your property. You have no control over what said person does with it.

It is not ethical, or in fact a very low act of that person to then go an sell it. You do however have control whether or not you deal/talk/give to this person in the future at all.

There is no point bitching about how hard done by you were over a forum to everyone else, because it isn't going to get you anywhere. If anything it is only continuing the negative shit that is being propagated from this event, and making this place become a less attractive place for people to come and talk homebrew, and seek advice.

I don't normally post, but there have been a lot of negative posts on here lately, and it was about time someone said something.

Cheers!

P.S This is not totally aimed at you kirem.

P.P.S I am not the ebay seller, or in anyway affiliated with this person. In fact I don't even know who he is.

Hang on there Domonsura, that is exactly what I was talking about - IT DOESNT MATTER that you have a webstore, because you actively participate and hold up your COMMUNITY.

It mightn't have sounded like it, but I was actually endorsing you.

Well done! You're tops! ;-)

:icon_offtopic:

Really... :eek: ...people really think making an effort and putting all your time, money and resources into making/finding products suitable for use in this hobby and then making them available while at the same time as sharing everything you've learnt along the way...makes a retailer dodgy...... damn...and here I thought I was sharing my favourite hobby with like minded people and hopefully providing some products/services that might not otherwise be available.......WOW. I'm dodgy!

Maybe I should shut shop and go sell secondhand cars .....:lol:

My only thought on this matter is there are retailers that make money from the AHB community (me and others) and there are those that put some money back into the site, IE sponsors (me and others).If we didnt make a profit then we cant put money back in to this site.I can see where people get pissed off seeing Rhizomes selling for big bucks but there is not much you can do about controlling an open market, ask OPEC.Best you can do is show your support to the people that support this site.And we are usually cheaper! Sorry all sold out of rhizomes."Stop bitch'n and start grow'n".Next year I expect to see free flowers for all. :beer: I have started my own garden with 4 different hops.What are you doing? Hop plant register any one? My 2 cents.
GB

you recon $98.00 is pricey i just had a look on ebay & some nut paid $168.00 + $9.00 delivery :lol: for a cascade & hersbrucker & from what i have read aussie grown cascade tastes heaps different to the usa cascade were use to
You blokes are not far wrong. Just got the email to let me know that my extravagant bid on that same batch of rhizomes of $30 had been blown out of the water for nearly $200. Perhaps there was something in them things that I just didn't know.....Jack's magic bean or something?

Fresh hop pellets from Ross for me :D

ToG

Going for a BUS Tour to Tassie in October......

Where can you get Rhizomes over there ....????

Cheers
PJ

Hang on there Domonsura, that is exactly what I was talking about - IT DOESNT MATTER that you have a webstore, because you actively participate and hold up your COMMUNITY.

It mightn't have sounded like it, but I was actually endorsing you.

Well done! You're tops! ;-)

I know mate i know you weren't having a go, I was just being a smartass. Couldn't help myself....sorry bout that :D

im not too happy about the rhizome situation i have a massive back yard that i planned to grown hops in and now it has no use ohh well maby next year but i aint paying $100 each no way

im not fussed mate what i get i should say IF i get some :D

for those wanting to buy , theres always guys on the forum selling them at reasonable prices ... i just got 4 in the post from Gryphon Brewing for $105 delivered ..theyre not a massive rhizome like some being sold on ebay but they will grow all the same ....

another one selling them on here is gilbrew , and many others offering swaps ..

Gryphon practically out - one or two left according to their email today. Picked up two which are hopefully coming my way soon. Sure is a tight market out there.

To all those still looking for them I reckon some of the comments here are spot on- ebay is a nonsense and so are their prices. Rhizomes will be available from like-minded brewers through to August with any luck. Just keep your eyes peeled and you'll pick some up.

Hopper.

Gryphon practically out - one or two left according to their email today. Picked up two which are hopefully coming my way soon. Sure is a tight market out there.

To all those still looking for them I reckon some of the comments here are spot on- ebay is a nonsense and so are their prices. Rhizomes will be available from like-minded brewers through to August with any luck. Just keep your eyes peeled and you'll pick some up.

Hopper.
Sorry - just read back on last page - Gryphon are out of them. Sorry as a newbie I have to read all the posts before commenting first!

Gryphon Brewing actually had not such a bad idea back a few posts ago, a "hop register", maybe one of the people that manage this forum can check to see if there is some method of building one, kinda like the RecipeDB where people can register what hops they are growing and have a check box next to it whether they have any rhizomes available, cost, postage etc?

Latest posts

Back