Hook Norton Brewery (uk)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I was lucky to get a tour around the Hook Norton Brewery in the UK, for 8.50 they take you around the brewery and give you a nice etched pint glass and included in that is seven pints of cask ale to try , Phew !!! I was bloated hic ,I have posted a few pics for you .

Pumpy

They have a real working steam engine to pump up the spring water

this is a pic of the water tower up top

Inside the mash tun not a great pic

Thier Kettle they called it a copper

Inside thier old copper kettle they only use when they really busy as they get too much evapouration

This is the original grain mill two mill stones they dont use anymore

could not show you the fermentation as they showed us a film of that but here they are filling the casks , Oh by the way they are run it through a hopsak to filter it and add some hop plug to the cask for aroma

by the way they sell the hops and yeast to the farmer

missed theire new chiller a heat exchanger it was the only high tech thing their

remember you get seven pints if you wish

Casked ale is very low carbonation some seems no existent but plenty of flavour served not cold but not warm eithr

After seven pints I went up ther road to see the Rollright stones a Neolithic stone circle

Yep I really felt like a New Age person standing in the middlle of the circle of stones after seven pints of Hook Norton cask ale

Pumpy :)

You lucky bugger Pumpy, I'd love to do a tour of some UK breweries one day. Heck, just even get to the UK first would be a start :lol:

Are you touring any others?

Cheers.

Pumpy said:
Yep I really felt like a New Age person standing in the middlle of the circle of stones after seven pints of Hook Norton cask ale

Pumpy :)
[post="124261"][/post]​

Pumpy.

Just remember the laws of ancient stones and public urination. :lol:

The tours looks tops mate... Particularly the 7 pints at the finish. :rolleyes:

Warren -

Hey Pumpy - nice pics mate and I have to say I love the idea of paying 8.50, getting a tour and seven pints! Where else did you go when you were over there?
Just curious cause I am from Edinburgh, Scotland and if anyone ever makes it up that way there are quite a few big brewerys and also distilleries near or not to far away (a couple of hours drive maybe for some of the distilleries)

Nice work Pumpy,
keep us up to date with your travels

Latest posts

Back