Hoo Hoo!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rikdewy

Reaction score
Hi there folks,

My wife calls me Homer and sometimes Barney, and also more colourful names depending how much beer I drink. Anyhoo, I'd like to learn how to brew beer better than Duff.

Bring on the sage advice, Rik.

Welcome, Rikdewy.

Stick around on this board and I have no doubt you'll brew better beer than the majority of commercial brewers out there. There's simply no better online community for home brewing than this one.

Sanitation.
Temperature control.
Quality ingredients.
Patience.

Are you starting out on kits and bits or deep end with all grain?

Oops! I didn't realise anyone had replied. Hi and thanks for the welcome guys.

I just bottled an old Asahi clone kit that I had (with fresh hops and yeast) but have read that it's not the best. Meh, I'll see how it goes and look forward to trying an extract soon. Ales are more to my taste anyway and I love hops so will have to learn how to use them properly.

Yob- I'm a brewing newbie and have limited space at the moe so will probably will be on kits n bits and extracts for a while, but that all grain stuff sounds freakin awesome!

Zum Wohl!

if you want to get closer to real beer then some of the Fresh Wort kits are worth doing. I have done a couple of them from All Inn and Bacchus Brewing and highly recommend both. They work out more expensive than basic kit and kilo brews but still a lot cheaper than buying from Dan's.

Cheers guys, this seems like a great forum to learn from.

I reckon I'll try a 'fresh wort kit' next, seems like it's the next logical step before an extract recipe.

Giggity!

Latest posts

Back