Honey Wheat Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c2003447

Reaction score
G'dy all,
I'm fairly new to the homebrew scene, but loving the results so far. I'm keen to put a honey wheat beer down for me next brew and was wondering if anyone had some advice as to what sort of honey to use, and extra ingredients in addition to the kit. I was thinking of using a Morgans wheat beer kit and a brew enhancer pack as fermentables. Also, do I need to heat treat the honey before adding it?

Cheers in advance for your help!

-Mike

From what I've heard you shouldn't boil honey for any more than 5 minutes or you risk losing a lot of the flavour. I wouldn't bother unless you're boiling the malt too.

I put down a Coopers Canadian Blonde with 1.5KG of honey and that was it. I brought the honey up to 70C with about 500ml of water for about 15 mins before mixing the can of goo through. The beer has turned out very drinkable, fairly dry, but negligible honey flavours. Next time I'll try bulk priming with honey or racking the brew onto some honey to see if I can get a more pronounced honey flavour.

Thanks for your help guys, I'll post on here once the brew is done and results are in. Shall be interesting...

Ahhh, honey wheat beer. Yum.

Since trying a kit that replicated a Beez Neez I've tried a few of my own recepies to ever inproving degrees. My latest is the best yet IMHO.

Farmland Lager
Wheat Malt Extract 1kg
Pride of Ringwood Hops teabag @10min
Capilano Honey 750gms
Muntons Premium Yeast
22ltr
SG 1056
FG 1010

End result into bottle is a bit cloudy but nice mellow honey taste with very slight bitter after taste and a head that stays creamy until the last drop. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back