Homebrew Disaster!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AND..... if you dont trust your cube, grab some cuastic soda and fill it...... END OF ANY INFECTION. make sure you rinse well with hot water

i know i'm going to get shot down in flames here, but here goes. why no chill.
i can feel the knifes coming my way, better duck down..
the amount of time it takes to prep, mash, lauter, boil, whats the extra 30 mins
to hour to cool and pitch yeast going to matter. as mentioned in posts here, even
with extra caution into sanitisation, problems are occuring. why do it.
oh no what have i started...

There's a million reasons. It's not just to save x number of minutes.

All methods have their problems.

For me I started before I had a chiller. Now I do it so I can brew when I have free time, and not need to brew when I have free fermentors. Also I only normally run 2 fermenters, but I can push out 4 cubes on a brew day. Finally I can prep for peak periods say around Christmas, when I may not have much time for making a brew, but it happens to be the time the relatives/friends drink lots of your beer.

QldKev

The above pretty much sums up why i use no chill... however i wouldn't mind getting a chiller and use it when i can. Then have the option of no chilling when i brew in advance for peak demand/special occasions/laziness

Back