Homebrew Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mexican

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th September are the dates for our annual Home Brew Competition, the attached flyer will give you all the details so make sure you have some good entries as the prizes are well worth having & the competition is getting fierce.
We need someone to knock-off "the Wolfman" this year. Also, check out the Festivals website for entry forms & further details of the Festival.

Village_Festival_Amateur_Home_Brew_Competition_Flyer_2010.jpg

So that's what Matt Preston got up to before he got old and fat :icon_cheers: Hope you get a good roll up.

Those judges are keen though, starting judging at midnight. Bit early for me though.

Those judges are keen though, starting judging at midnight. Bit early for me though.

Good to see people reading my flyer, sorry about the early start!!!!!!!!! but I think you get the gist of it.
Hope you can get some entries into us.

regards
Doug

Good to see people reading my flyer, sorry about the early start!!!!!!!!! but I think you get the gist of it.
Hope you can get some entries into us.

regards
Doug

Forgot to mention... we will be running a mash brew demo on the Saturday, ( after all, it is an Arts Festival ) & what finer art is there other than brewing.

Regards
Doug

Didnt catch this info on the flyer but what guidelines will the beers be judged by? BJCP? AABC?

Cheers

I can't find a copy of the entry form on the website. Could you provide a link or copy somewhere?

Cheers
Dan

Didnt catch this info on the flyer but what guidelines will the beers be judged by? BJCP? AABC?

Cheers

AABC, but we played with the categories ( limited them ) but the sub-categories remain koscher. As this competition grows we will increase the categories in line with the AABC guidelines. But we are using BJCP accredited judges

Regards
Doug

Cheers for the entry forms and conditions. Is there a fee to enter or is it free?

Dan

would an Irish Red ale be considered a class 2 Dark Beer, or class 3 ales?

Back