Home Made Gatorade, Staminade Etc?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're not experiencing nerve conduction issues while playing sports you've got plenty of salt, ohh, I mean electrolytes to go.

I obviously didnt drink enough gatorate before stepping onto the cricket field a fortnight ago. My reflexes where not quick enough to catch a ball that slipped through my thumbs (wasnt even quick enough to get my hands in a proper catching position it was struck that hard) fielding in gully and proceeded to hit me square between the eyes. (Yes, i can catch. Highest catch count for our grade actually)

Thankfully, the ball was hit hard enough 2nd gully (yes second gully) managed to catch it inches from the ground as it balooned off my skull.

A two day headache is not a fun thing to have, especially when it feels like a hangover. <_<

I think i'll stick with copious amounts of gatorade! :icon_cheers:

Ah. This is why it tastes like it Puts Back What The Sweat Takes Out.
That's right. All that most of the 'sport' drinks are salted cordial water. It's also a good gauge of whether you need the sodium and potassium salts. If the sport drink tastes good, you need it, if it tastes horrible and salty you don't need it.

So if you really want a budget sport drink, make some of your favourite cordial in a glass and stir in some DietRite salt, like AdamT suggested.

I also use the Sodastream Isotonic range - last time I went to Kmart the isotonic range was on sale as a deleted item. It makes up 12 litres and you can mix it in still or soda water.
The advantage of a keg system is that you can have a keg of soda water and make your own cola, lemonade, tonic water for those G&Ts, etc in the glass.
Incidentally, I'm dropping into Kmart today, I'm running low on some Sodastream concentrates.

stong green tea, might reduce the need for so much replacement, if its vomiting and diarrhea causing the need

stong green tea, might reduce the need for so much replacement, if its vomiting and diarrhea causing the need

Actually it's one of the drugs causes her to pee twice as much as normal, and she needs the sodium in particular otherwise her blood pressure plummets.
anyway

da dan da dan da dan.....

tish

Adam_Ale__Small_.jpg

I made up 4L of Adam ale and subbed some of the sugar with green cordial. Awesome flavour, you'd swear it was out of a 600ml bottle of insert-name-here-ade :icon_cheers: I'll present it to her later when it's chilled down.

It was judged a bit too sweet so I tipped it (the 40cents didn't break the bank :p ) went up to the LHBS and bought some Dex, and did #2 batch with 250g dex instead of the sugar, and that's hit the spot :icon_cheers:

Well done BribieG. Well we may as well have the final recipe then......

Potassium is everything thing your liver needs for a hangover. combine that with an egg and bacon sanga (lysine form the eggs) and you liver is on its way to recovery. dont get stuck into the headache pills either, that just depletes your liver recovery further.

1 bottle of gatorade is my hangover cure these days.

For hang overs I usually have Pancakes with Bacon and Fried Banana, then cover the lot in maple Syrup.

I remember a mate allways putting salt on his oranges after a big run or training session, salt + citric acid helped replenish his body, not to mention the 6 schooners after that

Latest posts

Back