Home brewing courses/seminar vic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmarshall

Reaction score
What and where is a good home brewing course for myself and some mates to do? In melbourne and outer burbs. Looking at basic extract and partial mash maybe biab at the moment. Prob ag later on.
Cheers.

I'm not in Melbourne, but one suggestion is to get in touch with Grain & Grape. My understanding is they do brewing demonstrations from time to time, and should be able to help you on your way.
Also, there are a number of brew clubs in Melbourne. Why not look to join one and get the collected wisdom of the members at no cost to you apart from possibly a joining fee?
Is there an AHB brewer somewhere near you who can show you how to proceed? Watching another brewer on a brewday is the quickest way to learn, and you might see how straightforward even AG brewing can be.

+ 1 for Grain and Grape. They do demos in the car park usually twice a month. They are usually aimed at AG brewing, not sure if they do an extract day. Fellow AHB members will help you, have a go in the kitchen and see how it turns out. That is the best part, as long as you do some research into the beer style your brewing you should have drinkable results. AND don't ferment a lager yeast at room temp it will turn you off home brew.

Get in touch with Melbourne brewers. Melbournebrewer.org

Great bunch of guys, once a month club meetings usually in Boronia at Pete's warehouse. Probably a good place to meet existing brewers.

Back