Home Brew Tv Show On Foxtel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.DJ.

Reaction score
I noticed this morning there is a homebrew related show on one of the new foxtel channels (Discovery Turbo Max) 1.00pm EDST today..

Its called "Special Brew". todays episode is about Bitters...

Anyone seen it? Any good?

I would record but my HDD recorder is on the blink! :-(

Bitter: Lifting the lid on home brewing, Rory McGrath is joined by award winning bitter brewer Toni Prins to create the perfect tipple in his garden shed.

Series: 1
Episode Title: Bitter
Genre: Entertainment
Sub-Genre: Lifestyle/Documentaries
Language: English
Colour type: Colour
Premiere type: Premiere Episode

I caught about 5 mins of the wine one yesterday......

Might have to setup a series link on the iQ......

lol.... the brewer on that show just summed up the first kit brew by saying.... "just add 6 gallons of hot water and 29 gallons of cold bla bla..." :lol:

stagga.

can anyone put this up on the for all us plebs to download?

LOL. I just watched it. It explains the basics.

Most of you will cringe watching the dodgy methods.

One thing I did learn is that hops are a family of marijuana :p

Can anyone provide a proper name for the show? Or even, URL to a homepage of the show if such exists?

The foxtel channel guide doesn't seem to be loading for me atm, to reference myself.

reVox

It's Discovery Turbo and Turbo +2... I was wondering why Foxtel changed the colour of their skin. The new channels just gives them more scope to repeat everything more often. :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up. I've IQ'd it. Alas no series link !! <_<

Warren -

Can anyone provide a proper name for the show? Or even, URL to a homepage of the show if such exists?

The foxtel channel guide doesn't seem to be loading for me atm, to reference myself.

reVox
Foxtel is right now.. the show is being repeated on Discovery Turbo Max +2 (635) at 2pm.

Cheers

Qld. subtract 1 hour from guide for daylite saving.

stagga.

you won`t miss much if you don`t see it.

i saw a bit of the "red wine" brewing show yesterday....
looks pretty lame to say the least.
still i IQ'd the Bitter ep on today....

not holding out much hope i must say.
i'm guessing it wont be taking up too much of my IQ HDD space for too long.

ReVox.... its called "Special Brew"

Hmmmmmm, what can one say?

Pitch yeast at 29c and wrap in blanket to keep warm for a week.

That about sums up the K&K segment.

An AG version of the same brew was made. I missed the yeast pitch bit but I think that 29c was the magic number again.

The "master brewer" was a Kiwi. The equipment and techniques used were very primitive by the standards that I'm used to. The fermenter was nothing more than an opaque plastic bucket with an opaque lid, no thermometer no mention of SG. The same kind of fermenter was used by both K&K and AG brews.

Bottling was done by syphon!

Cheers

Watched it and it was pretty crappy but I liked the simple AG setup that was pretty good The host is a plonker tho

Qld. subtract 1 hour from guide for daylite saving.

stagga.

you won`t miss much if you don`t see it.

just watched it, better off not watching it as stagga suggests, it was crap
fergi

Sweet motherly mackeral, 29'C pitching temperature? Man, thats rough. I freak if I have to pitch much over 20'C...

Perhaps we should make a pilot of a REAL brewing show and send off a tape to FOX?

- boingk

is this going to be a series? any one know when then next one is on? or when this one will be repeated?
Cheers!

Back