International Home Brew Day - What's Brewing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Reaction score
Today is apparently International Home Brew Day so what's everyone cooking?

Anyone doing something special? I see the Canberra Brewers are putting on a show.

I myself won't be brewing but will be digging more trenches and laying pipes to get my brew shed up to speed. So, it's related slightly, kind of, not really...bugger.. At least I'll be prepared for next year.

Albury's having it's first craft beer festival, should be a good one with a lot of local brewers.
Personally, going for my second big beer and all set up for an Old Ale this arvo. Ready for Christmas.

Just spinning up the ghetto stir plate with some Bavarian lager for my Munich madness clone. Should be nicely lagered by September.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1430556964.774251.jpg

We had a great day in Canberra, eight brewers on site, a series of well attended talks and some great homebrew.

I'm pretty rubbish at crowd numbers, but for a couple of hours there would have been well over 100 people.

Sharing this hobby is great fun!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430567365.148220.jpg

built a pretty dodgy stir plate.. so that has to count :)

I just moved to Albury from Canberra so missed out on the club activities back there but I held a brew day here and met another local brewer.

Brewed up the AHA's Columbus Pale Ale as well as a quick cider. Always a day on the calendar to look forward to.

Made a Summer Hop Ale 3.5% and 17ibu. 70% 2Row 30% Wheat

Pratty1 said:
Made a Summer Hop Ale 3.5% and 17ibu. 70% 2Row 30% Wheat
Ha, Kegging mine today. Almost the same.... 66.6% ale 33.3% wheat. 4%abv and hops are Summer and a bit of nelson.

Topher said:
Ha, Kegging mine today. Almost the same.... 66.6% ale 33.3% wheat. 4%abv and hops are Summer and a bit of nelson.
I direct pitched US05 last night and still no activity.

Damn. I pitched the 1275 (started, had a June '14 manufacture date) and it's livened up within 8h.

Note that International Naked Gardening day occurs same day. So you all should have been atired similarly to Cocko when he brews

Brewed a batch of On Shore Brewing Captain Fantastic Brown Ale. Grain bill of BB pale, BB wheat, Chocolate and crystal medium with Simcoe and Mosaic Hops at 30, 15, 10 and 5 minute additions. I will dry hop with a healthy 30 grams of Mosaic. MMMM yum.

Latest posts

Back