Home Brew Gimmicks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalbarluke

Reaction score
[post="0"]strange brewing device[/post]

Has anyone seen one of these before?

No affiliation or anything like that. I almost choked when I looked at the price.

It got me thinking - are there other expensive (or inexpensive) gimmicky and unnecessary brewing products out there?

Has anyone seen one of these before?

No affiliation or anything like that. I almost choked when I looked at the price.

It got me thinking - are there other expensive (or inexpensive) gimmicky and unnecessary brewing products out there?

I prefer gadgets myself. Your link seems to not work.

yes there is, Coopers sell cans of pre-hopped, concentrated wort...just add water and sugar....what a gimmick. :lol: but a damn sight cheaper than that brewy thing.

I couldn't explain (and retain my testicles) a small braumeister to SWMBO let alone the price on that little number

Saw it a while back - looks like the most expensive way to brew K&K.

Nothing like making something that's got a low entry cost and wrapping it with stainless and putting yourself well out of the K&K price bracket :rolleyes:

and there I was hopping for a porkspin video...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh PMSL........... ADD FRESH INGREDIENTS........ pours in extract

:lol:

Yes... good beers can be made with extract...... but calling extract "fresh".................. ?

"Professional quality beer in 7 days, just like a modern Brewery"

1. also just like a plastic bucket
2. why is Brewery capitalised? Is it a particular "Brewery" setup to meet the claims of this product spiel?
3. not sure I want to spend that much on a setup that can produce summer ale, blonde ale and English pale ale. Guessing the ale only thing means no temp control (can't be bothered reading the pdf) - you'd have fun putting the ******* in a fridge to make a lager.
4. $4 for a sponge? Now you're just trying to wind me up.

I didn't click on the link, but i remember the brand/website name from a couple of years ago when they were mentioned. Every sixx months or so someone brings it back up though.

Last time someone did, it was met the same level of enthusiasm as it has been greeted with this time.

Complete waste of money on a product like that. Bet they haven't sold many.

havent read it all, but as I remember - It takes 7 days to ferment - fair enough.
BUT - you cant brew again til you've finished drinking that lot. So another 7 days without beer, EVERY batch.
Ludicrous.

I like the link to "JOIN THE WAITING LIST" Like they have these things just running out the door. :D :D

Ooohh shiny!
product-shop.jpg

I see why people are knocking it. But where are the other temperature controlled conical fermenters with attached kegerator and fancy knobs and dials?

Someone should contact the guy about putting his machine in the next system wars.

There's no way I would consider buying one but my understanding is that you can add any wort you like - AG wort will be fermented the same as their goop tins.

However it has no way of producing said wort, which at that price makes it extremely steep. If they included a mash tun etc, it would be shiny, expensive, well designed (and still probably a rip-off but close to off the shelf automation depending on the mashing setup). Maybe some bright spark should combine the braumeister and one of these?

A ghetto version anyone?

are they serious!?

The 12 Problems with Homebrewing
  1. Flat beer has to be carbonated after fermentation in an extra process step in bottles (4 weeks) or kegs (1 week).
  2. Fermentation occurs at ambient temperatures so gets cold at night & in winter and can takes weeks to complete.
  3. Clarification can take weeks.
  4. Beer must be transferred off the sediment which oxidises the product greatly and creates off-flavours.
  5. Too much work. Multiple vessels and transfers required. Bottling homebrew takes many hours.
  6. Experience is required to make a good beer. Trial and error.
  7. Poor temperature control during fermentation leads to yeast making off-flavours or headache-causing compounds.
  8. Poor cleaning and poor sterilisation which leads to many infected beers.
  9. Chronic beer oxidation due to transfers between vessels and into bottles and kegs.
  10. Bottled homebrew has a dead yeast layer at the bottom which contributes off-flavours.
  11. Old extract is been kept warm for many months on the shelf, which contributes greatly to the homebrew flavour.
  12. Old yeast is stored warm under the can lid which ensures a huge loss of vitality and viability, resulting in more homebrew flavours.
:blink: <_<

What's got you confused, Flash? With the exception of any time they talk about oxidisation, there isn't anything there that isn't completely, or at least frequently, true.

Back