Hobart/tasmania Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_offtopic:

It would be really good if we could get some more Tasmanians on the map....

You only need to click the link in my sig and add yourself. If you can't be bothered then let me know (via PM) and I will do it for you.
Done

:icon_offtopic:

It would be really good if we could get some more Tasmanians on the map....

You only need to click the link in my sig and add yourself. If you can't be bothered then let me know (via PM) and I will do it for you.

Done

Her prices for products are not really bad either when all things are considered. Albeit the kits are a bit on the expensive side. Nevertheless, I wonder what price she will do a bulk buy for?
It will probably be a little while before I need to go back but if I remember I will ask her for a price list for a bulk buy.

Ouch!!
I was talking to Amanda on the phone the other day making a grain order when i sort of mentioned a bulk buy. I don't think she understood that i meant about about doing a buy from her. She definitely put me in my place. Guess i shouldn't have mentioned i was going to buy some Nottingham and other bits from Craftbrewer(items she doesn't stock anyway). Oh well lesson learnt, keep my mouth shut next time. I did apologise and bought the items i wanted though, bit of a misunderstanding i think! I do think they are great to get on with usually.

Ouch!!
I was talking to Amanda on the phone the other day making a grain order when i sort of mentioned a bulk buy. I don't think she understood that i meant about about doing a buy from her. She definitely put me in my place. Guess i shouldn't have mentioned i was going to buy some Nottingham and other bits from Craftbrewer(items she doesn't stock anyway). Oh well lesson learnt, keep my mouth shut next time. I did apologise and bought the items i wanted though, bit of a misunderstanding i think! I do think they are great to get on with usually.
I no longer support thbs after the home brew comp fiasco last year. Also, they repack the yeast in 7g packets and state it is enough for a 23 litre batch. I used to buy 2 packs foreach brew, but always thought that the advice was not the best for yeast health.. They didn't seem very interested in all grain brewing. I have since found that bulk buys on this forum generally are significantly cheaper, and the savings I have made have allowed me to purchase from other sources. Not that I really care anymore. I have given up being a cheap skate with this hobby.
Cheers Lagerbomb

Yeah I find Amanda to be easily offended if you mention about getting items elsewhere and to be honest here, I have not been going there for sometime now due to the fact of this and also that the results of the last Home Brew Comp held, this time last year, was never released. I find this appauling as feedback to the participants would have been great not to mention judges had 3 bottles of free piss to drink from every one who entered!

I get everything from Bulk Buys or from Craftbrewer now. Amanda's loss I guess and Ross' gain. I'd honestly hate to count the thousands I have spent now, but I can't fault Ross even with some dumbarse questions I ask, he is always happy to oblidge and does not fret if you do happen to go elsewhere for something. I don't mind paying a little for freight to get it here when you get that quality of service which he provides.

Edit: yep, Lagerbomb beat me to it. I think there were a lot of people put off by that comp last year and i do not blame them.

I no longer support thbs after the home brew comp fiasco last year. Also, they repack the yeast in 7g packets and state it is enough for a 23 litre batch. I used to buy 2 packs foreach brew, but always thought that the advice was not the best for yeast health.. They didn't seem very interested in all grain brewing. I have since found that bulk buys on this forum generally are significantly cheaper, and the savings I have made have allowed me to purchase from other sources. Not that I really care anymore. I have given up being a cheap skate with this hobby.
Cheers Lagerbomb
I agree.
Its disappointing as I prefer to support local or within state where I can but its just not an option in this case.

Cheers
Chris

Will definitely be in the next bulk buy. Pity i just missed the last one and people seemed to have stocked up pretty well. Oh well looks like Ross will be getting some more business and i might have to load the the wife's suitcase up from Grain and Grape on her next shopping trip to Melbourne.

cheers
Taz

Ressurection - how's the hobart/tas all grain market these days? Still need to order from mainland or has an hbs picked up the slack?

I'm happy with the hobart brew store. They have helped me through a quick progression from kit to extract to AG with some good advice and all the fresh ingredients I believe I needed. Now BIAB and couldn't be happier:rolleyes: Still a novice but learning all the time. yay ahb and thanks to hobart brew shop.

When I moved down, we did the container thing and got that transported. I put half a dozen sacks of my favourite base malts in there.....If you've got the coin to do it, I'd recommend doing the same to keep yourself in stock. While the shops have picked their game up quite a bit, its not the same as having G+G (or in my case, Craftbrewer) on your doorstep with the range they have. Hopefully you'll get used to the weather, the humidity and long summers can get to you after a while, but it is pretty nice all up.

Back