Hilary or Donald

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't give a ****.
I've got 20000 gallons (not gay US gallons) of rain water which I can brew with and heaps of fresh veggies and hops. I also have plenty of critters and fish to eat and grow my own tobacco.
When WW3 begins you guys are welcome to stay at my joint as long as you bring your own Co2 and cigarett lighters.
If possible bring some ice in case my generator shits its self.

Liam_snorkel said:
should have put a bet on last night.

trumps down to $1.22, from over $10
Should have invested in gold,it went up.

Let me see..... booking next travel/resort destination:

Postcode please abyss

trump.jpg

Boring Politics. Any break from the chain. Trump? the people Trumpified? Then Tumped? :lol:
The people are bored, so Trump!!!

Is Schwarzenegger still willing to run? Clooney?

Interesting. Voter apathy in the States is insane. My father, who ran elections in the States, said Australia is the envy of US elections technicians.

Danscraftbeer said:
Boring Politics. Any break from the chain. Trump? the people Trumpified? Then Tumped? :lol:
The people are bored, so Trump!!!

Is Schwarzenegger still willing to run? Clooney?
Be nice if Schwarzenegger could run, but he cannot, have to be US born to be president. I'd have voted for him, though he is a republican he was very progressive and did good things in California whilst Governor.

As a result of the US election, I went to the pub last night and drank lots of Coopers IPA...

I honestly believe Kanye could win the 2020 election after this debacle (not that I'd ever want him to)

Michele Obama will run for the Democrat ticket in 2020.

Don't forget the bitter rivalry between Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton when they both contested for the Democrat nomination back in 2007. The don't like each other, never have.

Nothing Barack Obama would like more than to have his wife achieve what Bill Clinton's wife couldn't - the presidency.

As for Trump, what I'm looking for now are signs that reveal that all along he is just an establishment stooge who has played to the crowd to win their votes. We've been here before. Obamba turned out to be a stooge, promising 'Change We Can Believe In', but nothing changed really. Gitmo is still open when he promised to close it; and the rolling war agenda has continued. Its just that Obama has rained death on the Third World villages through technology (drones etc) rather than with great numbers of US boots on the ground. And as for the Libyan disaster, what a dog's breakfast he and Hillary made of that.

Thing is, if Trump a year from now is seen by his highly energised supporters as having caved in to become just another 'more of the same' president, there will be massive civil disruption the violence of which will make the current Democrat demos look like childsplay.

wereprawn said:
Crikey!
Lots of Chicken Littles on here.
One fuckwit brokers arms deals with some of the most brutal, terrorist supporting regimes on earth and gets millions in campaign funding from those countries .The other fuckwit wants a closer relationship with a longtime rival . Terribly simplified but, who's going to pick a fight with the USA and Russia ? ******* no one. So scurry of to your bomb shelters and let the rest of continue with business as usual .
Yes, its all a bit dramatic,but if you want to go there, Chinas got more regular army than Russia and the US combined, and silos chock full of nukes. Plus the ISP's are state censored owned, so nobody knows nuffin.
But I'm not worried. What could possibly go wrong with a Trump / Putin alliance?
But the real problem is China.
China
China.
China.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs

Agreed China is the powerhouse of our economy. Australia may find themselves between a rock and a hard place if push comes to shove.

Dave70 said:
Yes, its all a bit dramatic,but if you want to go there, Chinas got more regular army than Russia and the US combined, and silos chock full of nukes. Plus the ISP's are state censored owned, so nobody knows nuffin.
But I'm not worried. What could possibly go wrong with a Trump / Putin alliance?
But the real problem is China.
China
China.
China.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs
Yeah Dave, true that. Trump's a loudmouth , bully who'll pull his head in quick smart when he realizes he trying to rumble with the big boys though .

Quite ironically the Europeans made a lot of money with Opium in China. Now China has the Europeans addicted to another kind of opium (T-shirts, plastic crap) .. and dare I say it much of our brewing equipment.

It will not be easy for America (and/or Australia) to wean itself of "the new drug" ..

Don't forget the sleeping giant in India.

If conflict erupts between India, backed by the US, and China, were does Australia fit in?

Do we refuse to join America's next 'Coalition of the Willing' and see China stop buying our minerals etc,(and say goodbye to your Super) or do we try and step out of the conflict, which the US will read as open support for China and punish us every way they can (including economic warfare and ramping up military support for Indonesia).

Hugh White's been raising alarm over our head-in-the-sand approach to the US alliance and its implications for years. As did Malcolm Fraser just before his death recently. And now Keating is on to it too (but late to the party).

Its time for Australia to grow up and stand on its own two feet. The Trump presidency presents a rare opportunity to do this. The US in peace time will always covet good relations with Australia simply because of our militarily strategic geographic location on the globe. Its more important for them to get along with Australia than it is for Australia to get along with the US. Just that no PM has yet had the balls to lay the cards on the table.

Latest posts

Back