Hilary or Donald

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else notice the similarity with Trump and the guy from Back to the Future 2

? I hope it's not going to head the same direction.

Back to the future.jpg

Dave70 said:
For her plethora of shortcomings, Clinton is at boasts 40 plus years of political experience, high level of academic achievement and diplomatic skills. Trump is a average smarts with a BA in economics (cough) and zero political pedigree. You may as well have Kim Kardishian in office. You cant just tell other world leaders to go **** themselves when they dont see it your way, this isn't reality TV. Words have consequences in the big leagues.
Trump appeals to the politically naive who believe the way to fix something is to swing a wrecking ball through it.
'Within a game theory-like approach, we explore different promotion strategies and we find, counterintuitively, that in order to avoid such an effect (inefficiency) the best ways for improving the efficiency of a given organization are either to promote each time an agent at random or to promote randomly the best and the worst members in terms of competence.'

https://arxiv.org/abs/0907.0455

sunovagun said:
Hillary is easily the most corrupt politician seen in many decades. The shadows hanging over her were way too much for many voters. Yet MSM and her plethora of financial backers did everything in its power to get her over the line.

Trump on the other hand won the presidency when the whole establishment, his own party, the MSM, amongst others were all against him. A great achievement really.
That's pretty rich considering what she's been accused of (not found guilty of), is no worse than what most pollies in Australia get up to.

"Private Email Server", meanwhile we have Turnbull advocating the use of WhatsApp and Wickr to communicate without any records.

Talking to Banks? Well, most pollies get up at fundraisers and promise the world

If Hilary was the best candidate the Democrats could push forward.......well, there's your answer.

malt junkie said:
I wonder how our American admin views our take on all this.
No more bannings if you play up, just a virtual wall, paid for by the supporting members.

pcmfisher said:
If Hilary was the best candidate the Democrats could push forward.......well, there's your answer.
He wasn't.

It was Berny Sanders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFu8KK7DnYk

JDW81 said:
I'm off to the fallout shelter, I'll see you all after the next US election.
That's not a reasonable assumption, that we will witnessing another election, EVER.

fraser_john said:
I really am not sure why so many Australians are shocked at this. We saw evidence of something similar in our recent election with One Nation. The US populace are deeply disenfranchised with the current political elite that have done nothing for the people and are just sick of being fleeced. So what is considered to be an outsider comes along, bingo. Where is the surprise? It is in the fact that the media were clueless and could not put 2 and 2 together. The writing was on the wall folks.
Damn, so you're saying that they followed our example? And I suppose Brexit too?
Stupid bastards!

Does anyone really remember any real policies Hilli espoused during the campaign? I for one got heartily sick of the same old same old every night on the news seeing her rabbiting on about "stronger together". Who knows what in blazes that even means?

Much as I or you may disagree with Donni, he did crap on about lots of different things he would do once elected. Obviously, enough of them hit their target.

Drink up people. We've just witnessed the start of WW3. Thanks very much swinging voters in a handful of states.

mondestrunken said:
Drink up people. We've just witnessed the start of WW3. Thanks very much swinging voters in a handful of states.
WW3 ?,dunno about that but look on the bright side.
No Clinton in office means nobody is copping a cigar where cigars ain't supposed to go.

warra48 said:
Does anyone really remember any real policies Hilli espoused during the campaign? I for one got heartily sick of the same old same old every night on the news seeing her rabbiting on about "stronger together". Who knows what in blazes that even means?

Much as I or you may disagree with Donni, he did crap on about lots of different things he would do once elected. Obviously, enough of them hit their target.
She kept to generalities, as she did in 2008. She had the money, and Republican voters are very much in the minority, and so the aim was stick to platitudes and smile. Trouble is, she came across as insincere.

There's a revealing true story about Hillary. In the 1990s the Wall Street banks were lobbying for tightened controls on bankruptcies, on grounds that serial declarers were abusing the system. Elizabeth Warren led a commission of investigation from 1994 to 1997, which found the abusers of the system were rare, and most people who went bankrupt did so because of job losses or medical bills. Congress passed the bill, but Warren convinced Hillary, who convinced Bill to veto. Fast forward to 2002, when Hillary is in the Senate and getting large campaign donations from the same banks. She voted for an almost-identical bill. Okay, she's not the only politician for sale, but the Hillary of today is not the idealist of her earlier years.

Crikey!
Lots of Chicken Littles on here.
One fuckwit brokers arms deals with some of the most brutal, terrorist supporting regimes on earth and gets millions in campaign funding from those countries .The other fuckwit wants a closer relationship with a longtime rival . Terribly simplified but, who's going to pick a fight with the USA and Russia ? ******* no one. So scurry of to your bomb shelters and let the rest of continue with business as usual .

Latest posts

Back