Hilary or Donald

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tugger said:
If America runs on Arab oil wouldn't you not want to piss the Arabs off.
They could be like the soup nazi, no oil for you.
America could care less about Arab oil. They only source about 13% of it from the middle east.
More worrying for the Saudis would be the US saying, no technology for you, or give us back our $117 billion you owe as since the arse has fallen out of oil, you guys are suspect..

wide eyed and legless said:
he should eat some humble pie over that one.
Somehow I don't think Trump and humble will ever appear in the same sentence...

What America gives a shit about is the ability of the Saudis to throw the world economy in one direction or another.

JDW81 said:
Somehow I don't think Trump and humble will ever appear in the same sentence...
Agree, he is not a 'Humble Pie' kind of guy more 'Pie in the Sky'. But it is going to get interesting, I could never see Hilary revving up and getting into the drivers seat, it would have been another 4 years of suspended animation, America has already had 8 years of that. If Trump doesn't get shot, blown to bits or poisoned, and nothing eventuates then he will be voted out, can't beat a democratic system.

I cringed to hear that may happen here, again! That would be four Prime ministers in a row. That ridiculous actually. Who would want to be prime minister of Australia when you cant run the country. Rather the eccentricities of social media does. :huh:

Mardoo said:
What America gives a shit about is the ability of the Saudis to throw the world economy in one direction or another.
What America gives a shit about is America, and Trump personifies that to a T

They have only given a **** about themselves

The next few decades will be interesting watching the USA slowly loose grip on the thing that made them important

Don't confuse an entire nation with its foreign policy.

God/spag monster/giant fairy forbid that anyone equate me with our pms/politicians/refugee policy/gay marriage policy/cory bernardi's version of common sense.

god-monty-python.jpg

Ultimately Trump needs to operate within the guidelines of the American Constitution which promotes civil liberties. If he doesn't he will be legally challenged at every step.

He can attempt to change the constitution, but that requires several difficult steps culminating in a house of reps vote requiring a 2/3 majority to pass. Very unlikely.

More likely he will install his own judges as patsies to foil or slow down legal challenges. But ultimately the constitution should be upheld.

good4whatAlesU said:
More likely he will install his own judges as patsies to foil or slow down legal challenges. But ultimately the constitution should be upheld.
He cant sack them all and appoint his own in one hit

"He could try, but it wont go down well" according to one of Hitlers aids

Danscraftbeer said:
I cringed to hear that may happen here, again! That would be four Prime ministers in a row. That ridiculous actually.
Yep, a few more bad poll numbers for Turnbull, a humiliating loss in the WA State Election, some consolidating support for One Nation and the Libs will be wanting a major lurch to the right. Which makes for a perfect storm for someone who knows a thing or two about Time Warping...

Abbott Rocky Horror.jpg

LAGERFRENZY said:
Yep, a few more bad poll numbers for Turnbull, a humiliating loss in the WA State Election, some consolidating support for One Nation and the Libs will be wanting a major lurch to the right. Which makes for a perfect storm for someone who knows a thing or two about Time Warping...
Pauline appeals to voters for much the same reasons as Trump, but seems neither as effective as a con artist or as short-attention-span, running-off-at-the-mouth, claiming-to-save-the-world, never-admitting-he's-wrong crazy as Trump. Note I did not mention bat shit; I like the creatures. More dangerous is that lurch to the Right among the Libs. Obviously Bernardi wanted it, but didn't get it.

yankinoz said:
Pauline appeals to voters for much the same reasons as Trump, but seems neither as effective as a con artist or as short-attention-span, running-off-at-the-mouth, claiming-to-save-the-world, never-admitting-he's-wrong crazy as Trump. Note I did not mention bat shit; I like the creatures. More dangerous is that lurch to the Right among the Libs. Obviously Bernardi wanted it, but didn't get it.
He could be one to watch. His style of conservatism is far more seductive than Hanson to my eye, for those seduced by such things. Unfortunately, he's another public figure who views the world through the lens of 'religious' conservatism its seems. Not always a bad thing. Folks like that generally confirm how wildly incompatible religious ideology is in terms of public policy. And that they're nuttier than squirrel shit.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Got to love Religious nut jobs trying to rule in Government
Could be worse, the religious nut job could be a Muslim, then ruling in government is the only option there is as they aren't that keen on democracy.

Dave70 said:
He could be one to watch. His style of conservatism is far more seductive than Hanson to my eye, for those seduced by such things. Unfortunately, he's another public figure who views the world through the lens of 'religious' conservatism its seems. Not always a bad thing. Folks like that generally confirm how wildly incompatible religious ideology is in terms of public policy. And that they're nuttier than squirrel shit.
That's one thing (probably the only) to be said about Hanson, she doesn't use religious beliefs to justify her bigotry.

Does God hate Trump both the East and west coast of the US could be hit by massive tsunami or Yellowstone could erupt .

Latest posts

Back