High Btu Burner Or Nasa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjack

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place in Australia that will have and ship a Turkey Burner. IF not what is the low down on those wok burners rated at 59 Kj?

Thanx JJ

I'd suggest you buy the Auscrown/Gameco burner.

There is an Auscrown store in Brisbane, do a search and you should find prices etc and details.

Neither Globe or Grain and Grape (I suspect Grain and Grape buy their NASA's off Globe anyway-with a small mark up) have the burners in stock at the moment.

However I have spoken to Auscrown and their customer service was fantastic. The lady I spoke to rang around the places in Tassie for me to try to find a burner in the state and rang me back 3-4 times with updates and also got prices from Gameco for me.

I suggest go through Auscrown. Plus I think the burner from Auscrown is a bit better quality than the NASA's. Both work.

Cheers, Justin

Actually just a quick note on Gameco, I rang Gameco Vic to order a hose and they quoted me $11.50 for the hose and $3-$4 postage but they charged me $10.50 for postage. Not a big deal but the guy did tell me postage would only be $3-4.

This was not going through Auscrown but ringing Gameco direct. The guy I spoke to on the phone who gave me the quote and processed my order wasn't particularly helpful, even a bit rude but I spoke to a bloke named Graeme by email and he was great.

So my hose cost me $22.50 or something.

Justin which burner from auscrown did you get and how much??

:beer:
Gooday Jimmyjack
I bought a Wok burner in June when I started AG. Big mistake I have now bought a Turkey burner. I would really recommend the Turkey burner over the Wok burner. I have my Wok burner on the shelf not being used and not likely to be used.
Cheers Altstart

I Have a NASA which i got from Grain and Grape.
Best $100 I have spent yet on my brewery.

I would prefer to buy a turkey burner but I cant seem to source any in OZ. G & G are sold out until they dont know when.

altstart - was it a gameco wok burner or a 3 ring burner ? im pretty happy with my gameco/auscrown one. do u have a hp reg ?

cheers

I think he means the LP mongolian wok burner.

The gameco one is great. brings 35 ltr of wort to boil from sparge in under 15 mins without running flat out.

Also they are rated @ 59 MJ/hr with a 15psi reg. not quite as high as a nasa but people use a 44psi reg on a nasa.

Redbeard
It is the Gameco one it was sold to me with a low pressure reg. Its fine when you run it flat out but gives off lots of soot when you try to turn it down. The turkey burner will boil in the same time and is easy to controll at low temps with no soot problem.
cheers Altstart

It is the Gameco one it was sold to me with a low pressure reg. Its fine when you run it flat out but gives off lots of soot when you try to turn it down. The turkey burner will boil in the same time and is easy to controll at low temps with no soot problem.

Alstart From what it is sounds like you have a mongolian burner with a low pres reg.

altstart - was it a gameco wok burner or a 3 ring burner ? im pretty happy with my gameco/auscrown one. do u have a hp reg ?

Redbeard What model is this burner and what is it rated at?

I am going to Gameco today the fella rekon's hes got the Auscrown wok rated @ 82MJ wich converts to around 79000 btu. He also rekons hes got a low press burner that puts out 170000 btu.

Jimmyjack, I'd get the proven burners talked about on this site. However the 82MJ would be fine also as I think that is just the two ring version of the 55Mj burner. Not sure about the LP one, but the figures say it will work of course but it's up to you. You'll miss out on the ROAR effect with a LP burner :super:

From Gameco or Auscrown the part number is RH13LT (55mj/hr), Regulator is part number 6060902 plus 970U for the POL fitting, and the hose to suit is part number 1222/2000 which is two metres long. I was quoted $126 delivered to Hobart for the lot.

Allstart, you definitely have the wrong Wok burner as the guys have alluded to above. The wok burner I'm talking about above is well proven by the other members here on the site. I'm guessing you have a different model or are running the wok burner I'm talking about on a low pressure reg or something.

Anyway, good luck Jimmyjack. They are a cool toy.

Cheers, Justin

jimmyjack

I would get the 82MJ burner (HP200) :beerbang:

By the looks of the picture you can turn one of the rings off which will give you good control during the boil.

jimmyjack said:
Redbeard What model is this burner and what is it rated at?
[post="93161"][/post]​

Auscrown RH13LT (55mj/hr), same as sosman's

You can get turkey burners from Rays Outdoors with stand and high pressure regulator for $100. I think they sell this as a camp burner....

You need to relocate the burner on the stand to sit closer to the top (grind & weld). And the addition of small feet welded to the top makes the keg sit just right.

Even better value when they have 20-25% off.

Ray's burners are good but if you look at the reg it is controllable up to 150 mbar which is just less than a standard bbq reg.

The hose and burner are great but when the reg is wrong it's a bit of a false economy.

When i was about to hand over their burners they said they couldn't sell the burner without the reg so i walked out empty handed.

Remember the gameco burner is rated to 59 mj/hr @15psi which is a similar figure you will get with a nasa at this pressure. being a HP device you can bump the pressure up until the air/fuel mix can't sustain a good flame. The gameco Hp burner barely needs the air vent open at 15psi so it will put out plenty more heat when mated to a higher reg.

:beer:
Gooday people
Yes I did indeed buy a Mongolian Wok Burner with a low pressure reg. The Turkey burner I bought from Grain and Grape with a high pressure reg. The only thing I can say about the Turkey burner is it is so much easier to use. That aside the stand that is supplied is a bit flimsy if you intend to do double batches. I only did one double batch useing the supplied stand and did not like the thought of 50 litres of boiling wort chasing me out of the shed. I simply welded a stand up from 40X40 X5mm right angle steel, safety first always. :chug: :p
Cheers

Latest posts

Back