Hi There

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been after a new hobby for a while now and after much fighting with myself, I have decided to go with home brew instead of home distillation.

My goal at this stage is to start with partial's and eventually move to AG over a period of time. I don't like the thought of all kit brewing. Open can and add water, no real challenge. May be a good place to start but I like a challenge and like the thought of being able to be creative. Research is key and I have been doing plenty. I am a fifo worker and have time to research when I am at work (unfortunately work is dry so no taste testing!)

I am going to purchase my start up rig when I venture to Hobart at the start of next month (is a good hike from home) and race home to throw my hat into the ring.

Once I have my start up rig and do my first brew, will look at building temp control etc and getting myself set up properly. I work on the mantra that if I am going to do it, I am going to do it properly. I have read temp is key and if I wanted to drink cat piss I would go and buy a case of VB!

Will let you know how things progress.

Cheers.

A fair few fellow brewers from Tas on the forum here, should be able to help you with good suppliers etc. Partials are a good way to start, while you get the hang of sanitization, temp control, bottling, sitting around waiting haha.

Hey weren't you "Ivor Biggin" on that other forum?

B)

Welcome,

There's another Hugh jarse on another forum I'm on, but he's in Perth! Had to check.

Currently coming. To grips with temp control down here, ice no longer needed!

Have fun.

Back