Hi From N/E Victoria Newbie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigelfromoz

Reaction score
I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and let you know about my home brew activity,firstly my name (as can probably be guessed ) is Nigel,I live in a little town in N/E Victoria called Eskdale,it's about 70km's S/E of Wodonga,I'm a chef by trade but at the moment I make my living fixing computers,I run a small business from home and sometimes have a few quiet days which I spend either in the garden or on the net.
Recently I purchased a Coopers Home Brew Kit from Big W ,when I bought the kit I purchased extra cans of concentrate and one of them was Coopers Ginger Beer.
The kit sat in my office doing nothing for a few months till a month or so ago when I decided to make my first brew,I decided to make the ginger beer first but because I don't like anything too sweet decided to add a little something extra to the instructions,I added 2 lemons cut in quarters,a 1cm slice of fresh ginger ,I also added 1/2 cup of white sugar dissolved in 1/2 cup of warm lemon juice and added this to the fermenter.

I let it ferment for 8 days which was how long it took to get a stable FG reading of 1.003 ,as a beginner I neglected to take an initial reading at the start so can't really calculate the final alcohol content , it has a nice kick but also a bit of tang which is lovely and after a few weeks in the bottle it tastes great,I will definitely be making this one again.

This is a great forum with heaps of interesting stuff and I look forward to being part of it and hope my contributions are considered worthwhile.
Cheers
N'oz

Welcome Nigel.

AHB is a great resource. The beauty with Home brewing (Though you aren't at the stage where it will affect you majorly) is that isolation from major centres isn't a hindrance to this hobby. There a great number of good online brewing stores (most with Bricks n Mortar stores as well) to supply you malt, hops and yeast at a great price to your doorstep.

Enjoy the journey, it never gets boring.

Thank You Spiesy and Lord Raja Goomba 1 (A very creative username that !) for the warm welcome,I haven't been brewing very long but I'm hooked already,I went online today and found that my LHBS delivers at a reasonable price and have ordered some extra supplies,,I can see a lot of brewing in my crystal ball.. :)
Cheers
N'oz

What a great experience! I also started (like many I'm sure) with a Coopers Homebrew Kit, and it didn't take long until my friends and I were doing double batches, fermenting in 60l fermenters.

Have a great time and welcome to the forum, its been a huge resource for me.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back