Hi from Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alvinBrew

Reaction score
Hi all,

Fairly new to brewing but has quickly become an obsession - already on my second brew and have 2 fermenters already and feels like I am buying more stuff all the time! At least my wife can't complain as she got me started when she got me a Cooper's kit for my birthday! haha

Look forward to the community many of you have already been useful with your posts and knowledge as I have been learning.

Ta

The only reason I kept going is because of the first brew #1. A can of the like. It was impressively drinkable and better than the shelf stuff I thought. This is not uncommon around here. I just put down an All grain (basic) Saison. Brew #139. :beerbang:

Welcome.

I started the same way many years ago. Wife bought me the big red Coopers box as a pressie, foolish girl.

Welcome, two fermenters are a great start as it will allow for a build up of stock and aging for better out comes. I assume from the kit that you are using PET bottles at the moment? They are good start but get your wife to buy you a couple of metres of beer line and then you'll have an excuse to buy beer taps, kegs, gas bottle, gauges etc etc......

Cheers

Thanks guys!

@ Danscraftbeer - I got to agree, my first brew was the Coopers can in the box + some LME + cascade - after that I certainly knew what I would rather be drinking :) Just moving onto AG now got a hefe in the fermenter at the moment. Damn #139! I was looking at doing a saison, I havent got much temperature control so though that might be the easiest thing to do at the moment!

@ Grott - I've got one 23 litre one and one of the small 15 litre craft kits. I'm actually going to start using the small one now as it will give me the chance to do lots of different beers and then scale up the ones in like into the big fermenter. Still using the PET bottles (got a bit carried away and bought 15 boxes :blink: ) I'm not really sure about a keg at this point, I really want to get some glass bottles. I guess I have the nostalgia of picking up a dusty bottle from the garage and opening a cold one straight from the fridge!

Back