Hi From Malahide, Ireland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berny Rush

Reaction score
Hello Everybody, I am happy I found this site today. My name is Berny, German but living in Ireland for 13 years. 2 years ago I started brewing (2 times, one brew was okey, the other one, nah...). Now as we live at a better location I decided to start all over again and brewed my third Hefeweizen Wheatbeer 2 days ago. Yes, I am a huge wheat beer lover.

Actually and to be honest with you, I was searching for Austrian home brewing forum as in maybe 2 to 3 years I will go over to the Philippines with my wife for good. And of course I hope to get a hand case I would need some help from other mates in order to improve my brewing skills now and overthere. Oh yes, and important to my, I am only brewing after the German beer purity from 1516 :super: - Happy to be here !

G'day! If you're looking for an Austrian home brewing forum, you've got about 15,000km to go yet! But welcome all the same!

Heast’ mei Bier is nid deppert!

Welcome Berny,

The great thing about brewing in Ireland is actually the weather. It's more often than not an ideal temperature for fermentation. It is easier & cheaper to warm up than to cool off.
Enjoy the AHB site, it full of great information and lots of people who are willing to help with your brewing.

Drick said:
Welcome Berny,

The great thing about brewing in Ireland is actually the weather. It's more often than not an ideal temperature for fermentation. It is easier & cheaper to warm up than to cool off.
Enjoy the AHB site, it full of great information and lots of people who are willing to help with your brewing.
Thank you very much Drick. Yes you are right with regards to the weather here in Ireland. We only have around 2 weeks a "kind" of summer time, lol and no higher temp than 25/26 degrees celcius. Dont know if I got you right. But the good thing is I am currently fermenting the top fermentation of my wheat beer in tiny boiler room inside our apartment and to store it for another 2 weeks I just put the bottles outside of the balcony, so no fridge needed as the temperatures are around 4 degrees celcius at the moment. The other good think is, finally I can try botton-fermentation beer such as lager or export as well as of the lower temperature.

Top of the morning to ya Berny

Maybe a wheat guiness :blink:

Those German Dunkles there the ones :icon_drool2:

Welcome! I spent a fantastic 6 months in Ireland, split between the west and east. Love to get back there with my family now. Doolin...good times. Although not Austrian, you'lll find some good threads on here with mostly solid information and experiences. Folks here are willing to take a chance on doing something differently to simplify technique without losing quality. There are some real gems here. If you search and can't find something don't be afraid to ask and someone will direct you to the info. Cheers!

Mardoo said:
Welcome! I spent a fantastic 6 months in Ireland, split between the west and east. Love to get back there with my family now. Doolin...good times. Although not Austrian, you'lll find some good threads on here with mostly solid information and experiences. Folks here are willing to take a chance on doing something differently to simplify technique without losing quality. There are some real gems here. If you search and can't find something don't be afraid to ask and someone will direct you to the info. Cheers!
Hello Mardoo, thats very kind - I thank you so much for your message !!! :)

Back