Hi from Darwin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonenose

Reaction score
Hi everyone, totally new to home brewing and kind of accidental. Was on night shift with a mate when we found a bit of home brewing gear on gumtree and decided it might be worth a go. Started reading and decided that all grain sounded exciting. Next thing I know he has bought a robobrew, a kegerator and kegs etc. and four fermenters. We now have a bottled brew from a kit that came with some of the gear and an all grain brew in the fermenter. Hoping to do some more bottling and another two brews later in the week. So far everything looks good so hoping for some nice beer and work on what to brew next.

Cheers

Good luck Bonenose. Sounds like you guys have landed on your feet with that equipment. Bloody fancy!
Cheers

Great stuff. Once you get your brewing technics down pat and happy with the results then kegging should be your next step. You'll never look back.
Cheers

G'day Bonenose,

Welcome to brewing in the Top End!
It has its own challenges up here.
Apart from the cyclones :)

Regards
Chris

I lived in Darwin in 1988 (cyclone free year). Stil miss living the Territory ( though Alice sure ain't what it used to be). The hardest part of brewing was getting Coopers kits and finding cold water. Knowing now what I didn't know then, I surprised I didn't poison myself. But it was cheap piss on weekends. Welcome to brewing and the forum.

Yeah Grott want to try and get a few brews down and get that right then have a crack at kegs

Definetly Chris got a couple of chest freezers with temp controls on them for fermenting so should be ok temp wise still learing on everything else. Yet to try anything that we have brewed so hoping for the best

Cheers

Back