Hey from Frankston!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiamovi

Reaction score
hey all, I'm new to the whole brewing thing, but when i was younger my dad had a kit for making beer and I have always wanted to brew my own meads.

Any tips/info on where i can get all the things needed would be greatly appreciated (i currently own nothing to brew/bottle with)

hope to make a few new friends here :D

Cheers,

Hiamovi

Cheap kits come up all the time on ebay mate, keep an eye out there and gumtree,

FWIW you can get a brand new kit from Big W but would still need a capper etc, so often the Ebay and Gumtree sales include more bang for the buck.

Cheers and Happy brewing!!

Welcome hiamovi

Lots of different ways to go about setting up, as yob suggested eBay gumtree or big w. there are also barrels you can get from bunnings. Another suggestion would to visit someone who is established and they can point out the must haves, nice to haves and the don't need to haves

Good luck with it

Perhaps have a read through John Palmers free online brewing book. I suggest that one because it is free. A good spot to start. Just do a search for it and you will find it easy.

If you head into the non beer brewing section of AHB, you will find some good info about Meads as well.

Join a club. Many members have surplus gear they sell cheap to newbies. Club members can help with brewing education. You can go to their place and do joint brews. Bayside is your closest club.

PM me if you want more details.
Barry

Latest posts

Back