Hey From Coffin Bay South Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MakkaPakka

Reaction score
Hey fellow home brewers,

Just a quick intro.

Names Nathan, but the wife calls me MakkaPakka, so thats what I will use as my forum name. I am an ex SA copper who had a gut full of the establishment so decided to get out . Just decided to get into the Home Brewing thing as it was costing me a bloody fortune in cash to adhere to my amber gold habit. The first batch I put down was okay, considering the temp fell and remained at below what was recommended. Ended up pretty tasty, but was I suppose a typical first drop. Hope to be a regular poster, ( dont know enough to contribute anything at present, and wont pretend I do) so I look forward to making some forum mates and getting some tips from all of you.

Cheers

MakkaPakka

Hi MakkaPakka and welcome to the forum, there are a few brewers who post here from Pt Lincoin, perhaps you could catch with some for a brew day.

Batz

Welcome Nathan,

you've joined a large contingent of SA brewers here! What sort of brewing are you doing? Kits, extracts, partials, all grain? I reckon brewing is the best hobby there is, and its always good to hear of more people picking it up!!

Cheers,

Colby

Welcome to AHB. As for your comments about your first batch, having the temp fall and remain below the "recommended" temperature was possibly the best thing that could happen for your beer.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. As I have just started brewing I am only doing kits, mainly the Coopers stuff. As for the temp falling below the recommended level being the best thing that could have happened, I tend to agree, as the beer tasted absolutely fine. Once again thanks for the welcome and I look forward to picking your brains on a regular basis.

MakkaPakka

Welcome to home brewing.

Iggle Piggle suggests good temperature control.

Dipsy reckons a good dry yeast will make yummy beer.

Back