Helpers Needed For B&t Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfridge

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have most of you pencilled in as judging/stewarding at the Top Twister Brewers championship, but I thought that I should do you the courtesy of asking you first !

Entries close this Wednesday and we will be judging them on Sunday 28th October at Potters Brewery, Cessnock.

Helpers of all any experience are required and there will be lots of beer and food to help pass the day.

The competition is registered with the BJCP and full experience points will be awarded so even if you have not done any judging before you will have the points recorded against you name if you ever decide to take your brewing further.

If you can help can you please let us know by filling out the form at the NSW Brewers Guild website.

The actual Bitter & Twisted festival is on the weekend after and we will be having the 'Best of Show' round there, plus there will be heaps of good beer, food etc - hope to see you there.

Thanks
David

G'day David,

Do you know how many judges can make it?

Also, I filled in the NSW Brewer's Guild form, but I'm not sure that it submitted. A new window opened up with another copy of the form after I submitted it.

Am I too late to be considered now?

Thanks for your time.
Les

Same thing happened to me when I tried to submit the form on the Brewers Guild website.

I'm pretty sure you're not to late though Les.

God damn why do I always have to work when things like this are on. .... NOT happy jan.

Pok

G'day David,

Do you know how many judges can make it?

Also, I filled in the NSW Brewer's Guild form, but I'm not sure that it submitted. A new window opened up with another copy of the form after I submitted it.

Am I too late to be considered now?

Thanks for your time.
Les

Ah, buggar - I know what has happened. Easy to fix (I forgot to create a 'thank you' page that you go to after your info has been accepted.

Probably won't get a chance tonight as I am surrounded by dozens of beers ATM - trouble is they all have entry forms and money attached :D

When I got 2 copies from you and MIcth I just assumed that you were volunteering to do 2 jobs !

See ya Sunday - we should aim to start at 10am.

Thanks
Dave

Just did the same thing to me now, but I figure ya dont need 2 entries from me!
Looking forward to trying to be a judge for the day ;)
Trent

Ah, buggar - I know what has happened. Easy to fix (I forgot to create a 'thank you' page that you go to after your info has been accepted.

Probably won't get a chance tonight as I am surrounded by dozens of beers ATM - trouble is they all have entry forms and money attached :D

When I got 2 copies from you and MIcth I just assumed that you were volunteering to do 2 jobs !

See ya Sunday - we should aim to start at 10am.

Thanks
Dave
I was offering to perform two tasks, but I'll now offer three...

Judging on Sunday, as well as being an entrant. And I'll see ya at B&T for the BoS and to spruik about sumthin' to the converted. Do U have a timetable?

Great to be part of it...sincerely

See ya tomorrow. Bring ya beerz

Les-oh! :p

Les
Dont offer to judge in the BoS, or yer beers will be banned from that round (ya cant judge yer own beers, ya know ;))
Thats the only reason I havent put up my hand yet, so someone will think I am looking real bored by not judging, and feel sorry for me, and throw a few beers of mine into the BoS round :lol:
Trent

I was offering to perform two tasks, but I'll now offer three...

Judging on Sunday, as well as being an entrant. And I'll see ya at B&T for the BoS and to spruik about sumthin' to the converted. Do U have a timetable?

Great to be part of it...sincerely

See ya tomorrow. Bring ya beerz

Les-oh! :p

I wanna just survive this weekend and then I will concentrate on the B&T !

For Sunday, could all helpers please be at Potters ready to start at 10:00 am.

And don't forget to change your clocks for the start of Daylight saving.

Should be a great day

Thanks
Dave

I was told I got my mug on NBN news judging a beer! Sweet.

While we're OT, I'll let you know what a good judge of character I am.

When the TV crew turned up and started filming footage of me and Geoff from Bluetongue, I advised him that it was wasted footage and that it would end up on the cutting room floor.
Sure enough, people from my workplace were looking for me on the news. Disappointment for them. I was edited out.

I'm obviously not pretty enough for telly.

Les :p

While we're OT, I'll let you know what a good judge of character I am.

When the TV crew turned up and started filming footage of me and Geoff from Bluetongue, I advised him that it was wasted footage and that it would end up on the cutting room floor.
Sure enough, people from my workplace were looking for me on the news. Disappointment for them. I was edited out.

I'm obviously not pretty enough for telly.

Les :p

Les,

At least you appeared in the background - they filmed Dan in a romantic soft focus.

But Scott obviously took their fancy as he was the star of the show.

I have a mpeg of the 20 second clip that I will put somewhere for you to download.

The B&T people noticed it and were well pleased with the plug.

Thanks again one and all,

Dave

Latest posts

Back