help with pale ale recipe!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pale blue pig

Reaction score
I've just purchased a Coopers DIY brew kit and brewed my first lager which turned out ok.

I love American Pale Ale Beers such as little creatures and atomic pale ale. My questions is, I am planning on doing the Coopers Pale Ale for my next brew and was wondering if anyone would know what extra ingredients, flavours, hops etc I could add to create an American pale ale beer??

any suggestions would help!! Thanks in advance!

After you do your Cooper's Pale, do a google search for Boonie's LCPA recipe.

It's a ripper & got me back into home brewing after a decent hiatus, then got bitten by the bug & now on AG 3V system :)

Saaz to get a US pale?

OP: Tin + 500g dried malt extract, 750 g dextrose and 15-20 g cascade hops. Boil the DME in 5 litres of water, add cascade hops and boil for another 5 minutes.

Add the lot to the fermenter, top up with your water as usual then add a yeast like safale US05. Ferment around 18 degrees if you can.
If that turns out OK, look at dry hopping and steeping some specialty grains (crystal/caramel for this type of beer).

Yeah...I missed the US bit...

But still...SAAZ is a great match

manticle said:
Saaz to get a US pale?

OP: Tin + 500g dried malt extract, 750 g dextrose and 15-20 g cascade hops. Boil the DME in 5 litres of water, add cascade hops and boil for another 5 minutes.

Add the lot to the fermenter, top up with your water as usual then add a yeast like safale US05. Ferment around 18 degrees if you can.
If that turns out OK, look at dry hopping and steeping some specialty grains (crystal/caramel for this type of beer).

manticle said:
Saaz to get a US pale?

ok, should I boil the cascade hops in a bag or just throw them in loose, and then do I add the hops to the fermenter as well??

also, does this change the amount of time I should leave the wort in the fermenter? At the moment I leave it for six days and then check the SG, once the same two days in a row I bottle.

thanks again!!

Mmm...Amarrilo...Cascade...SAAZ....there is not a hop amongst them that is not suitable for the end result.....

Be bold. You wont get in trouble if you be be bold.

Latest posts

Back