Help with co2 bottle leak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hpal

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a leaky Co2 bottle and it's still in date and I want to repair it. It leaks around the valve stem seal, and now it also leaks when fully off and when fully on and it's a pain in the arse. When it's empty I'll pull out the valve and try to reseal it, if that doesn't work I am hoping that someone may be able to help me out. Maybe someone has an old bottle hanging around, maybe out of date, didn't pass hydro test etc that I could have the valve out of and install in my bottle. So, just putting the feelers out as there would have to be something hanging about somewhere. Any other suggestions appreciated, Cheers.

It's a 2.6kg steel cylinder from cheeky peak in wodonga. Similar to a steel keg king bottle. I've asked about swap and go but lhbs wouldn't be in it. Sure if I could find a valve from any size bottle it would screw straight into the neck of my bottle.

If it's a KK bottle then they should surely swap it. Being able to exchange the bottles for in date refills is one of the benefits of using their bottles. Do they normally exchange bottles at your LHBS or do they refill? If the former, I'd be taking my business elsewhere.
Personally, I wouldn't try to replace the service valve. You'd want to have it pressure tested afterwards and the last thing you want is the new one to start leaking while it's being refilled.

Back