Help On Sessionable Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jamil book 'Brewing Classic Styles'

Great outline of recipes, easy to follow and for once in an American book - metric measurements so no conversion necessary.

If you want a sessionable beer for mates who aren't big hopheads, I'd drop out the dry hopping completely. If you're really keen on using Aussie hops then maybe bitter wit PoR and do a small flavour addition with the glaxy so it's not over the tp. I've had it in a couple of brews and I've found Nelson Sauvin to be far more passionfruity so if you limit the additions I'm sure you could make a nice beer your friends will enjoy.

thanks for all the help guys... I have heard of Jamil's brewing classic styles and it seems its all good news so I might purchase that and give it a read and practice brewing my standard Belgians in the time being... (I'm not gonna lie I bought the Belgian Schelde Yeast and am very excited for a sessionable Belgian Pale! could be a good one to start AGing on as well as its predominantly pilsner)

Cheers of to read some Classic styles haha

Just wondering as higher temps = grassy flavours from dry hopping.

Latest posts

Back