Help! Need to keg but can't - ideas?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adryargument

Reaction score
So i have 40L ready to go into two kegs.
Just noticed my gas bottles empty, so i cant gas / purge.

Leaving at 3 am for a 5 day holiday.

The 40 liters ready to be kegged are a galaxy and cluster version of the same batch (2 x 20L).
I have another 20L version filled with mt hood hops i grew myself - cubed.

Do i simply dump 10L on each of the above mentioned batches to get the yeast kicking for another 5 days to last until i get back?

Keep in mind i have no sanitiser, no more cleaning product. No nothing.
First batch in 4 months, and everything is empty :(

Edit: They are gladwrapped for last 2 weeks. From experience i doubt they will last another 5 days without something starting to grow.

Is the fermenter in a fermenter fridge? If so leave the fermenter/s closed and keep it chilled till you get back, it will just have more time to clear.

Why can't you leave them in the fermentors another week? (beaten)

I've kept some beers under the glad wrap lid for 3-4 weeks before with no ill effects

edit: like mentioned above... if you can keep it cold then just consider it a conditioning phase

Yeah i cant keep them cold, under the house is 20'C so i dont really use ferm fridges..

Not to mention my fermenting fridges are filled with an inch layer of mould from 4 months of no use.

Location? Someone may have gas to spare...I do.

Where are ya mate?

Maybe some AHB community spirit may get you through? Someone could throw you some gas to purge or similar...

Edit: Great minds.

Brissy,
I put them back under the house.
Hopefully they survive.

More concerned about the two new vials of yeast under each i wanted to harvest :)

Back