Help: getting beer out of an S-type keg with the wrong coupler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic

Reaction score
So for a big weekend out, a friend of mine brought an imported keg of Orion beer, with an S type connection. The problem is that he was told it was a type D CUB coupler, which should fit straight onto my taps.

It's now midday on Saturday, we're in relatively rural Queensland, I can't tap the keg, and it's too late to track down the right coupler. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can get the beer out and distributed this afternoon?

My thought at the moment is to release the pressure, syphon four litres at a time into a jug, and then repressurise so the rest doesn't go flat. My problem is that I have no idea how to breach a commercial keg so I can get a hose down into it. I'm really looking for ideas here - if there's anyone who's hacked something together who could help me out, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!

nic said:
So for a big weekend out, a friend of mine brought an imported keg of Orion beer, with an S type connection. The problem is that he was told it was a type D CUB coupler, which should fit straight onto my taps.

It's now midday on Saturday, we're in relatively rural Queensland, I can't tap the keg, and it's too late to track down the right coupler. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can get the beer out and distributed this afternoon?

My thought at the moment is to release the pressure, syphon four litres at a time into a jug, and then repressurise so the rest doesn't go flat. My problem is that I have no idea how to breach a commercial keg so I can get a hose down into it. I'm really looking for ideas here - if there's anyone who's hacked something together who could help me out, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!
Where abouts are you? I think I have a correct one here.

Batz said:
Where abouts are you? I think I have a correct one here.
I'm in Gatton. I think you're probably a bit far away if you're on the sunshine coast, but thanks!

I'm glad to say that Toowoomba Home Brew saved the day - they had an S-type coupler lying around.

Latest posts

Back