Help, A Celli Question For The Experts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottKemp

Reaction score
A have a beautiful gold Celli Tap from Ross which has a silver screw right at the Front and I can't seem to work out what it does! :eek:

I have tried turning it all the way to the left, pouring a beer and then right and pouring a beer, but I don't notice any difference, can someone, anyone tell me what it does, please? As I have had some trouble getting a good pour I am trying to eliminate things to narrow down what my problem is! (probably over gassed, I know but I didn't force carbonate it, just hooked it up at pouring pressure and left if for a week).

Also what would be the best recommended length of Beer line from Keg to Tap with a Celli using CobraPlus+ (ID 5mm - OD 8mm) Line?

PS - I have searched already, but couldn't find anything in regards to this question! :p

Any help welcomed. :beer:

Howdy Homer

Pretty sure the silver screw at the front is best just left alone. They pour beautifully but require that your system is balanced eg; force carb and serve at say 100kPa for most beers.

For your line one metre is about right. I find that best results are had turning the flow control levers back until virtually nothing pours and just opening gently until you get a good, well-balanced flow.

Persist. They're brilliant taps and love mine. :beerbang:

Warren -

Thanks For the reply Warren, but I have a question: what is left alone? Now that I have been buggering around with it? all the way left, right or somewhere in the middle? :D

I'll shorten my line (currently have a bit over 2 metres :blink: ) and try the flow control method after work tonight

Thanks For the reply Warren, but I have a question: what is left alone? Now that I have been buggering around with it? all the way left, right or somewhere in the middle? :D

I'll shorten my line (currently have a bit over 2 metres :blink: ) and try the flow control method after work tonight

Homer. I'd be quite certain that the screw positions are of little relvance. I've got two taps and the screws both are in different positions (haven't touched them myself).

As stated, you'll get great results once your keg and pouring pressure are balanced. My first keg was way overcarbed and gave me strife as it would on most taps.

Now I'm aware of what is required I just force carb at the same pressure I would dispense and it works perfectly.

Warren -

The instructions do suggest to disassemble periodically and clean the parts. When someone does this I would love to see an exploded view photo of the parts.
Ross - have you pulled one apart?
Bill

As far as I can tell the screw just adds or decreases the tension of the spring load on the handle.
You can even take it out completely and remove the spring and the handle will work just like any other tap and wont spring back. A good idea because I know people that like the spring load and people that don't, so the choice is yours.

Thunderlips

I've found the tension on my handle increases/decreases by loosening the gold ring that joins the black handle to the tap body. Bit of a counterclockwise turn and the handle springs back easily. Clockwise and they can almost stick open unless you push back. :)

However I reckon you're right the slotted screw would probably do something similar.

Warren -

Thanks for the replies everyone, looks like it doesn't do much apart from adjusting the handle then :p

Hi guys,

Sorry for late reply, my internet has packed up with the storms last night & just got a temporary dialup up & running. The screw on the front is purly for dismantling the tap.

cheers Ross

Hi guys,

Sorry for late reply, my internet has packed up with the storms last night & just got a temporary dialup up & running. The screw on the front is purly for dismantling the tap.

cheers Ross

Thanks Ross, but like always one more question!!! :D

So it should be tightened up then? (all the way to the right)? or doesn't matter as long as it is attached?

So it should be tightened up then? (all the way to the right)? or doesn't matter as long as it is attached?
Mine are about as far right as they can go but I've got them both at the same angle so they look the same.

Sorry guys a tiny bit O/T but Celli related.

When I went to their website here and fill out all the blanks for the "Celli Club". I got a bit of a surprise.

Two weeks later a bloody big Manilla Envelope on the doorstep from Italy with all (I mean all) their product brochures. I've never seen a company with so many accessories. :eek:

Big drool factor and something for nothing to read on the crapper I guess.

They must have been keen. Postage from Italy was 11 Euros paid by them. B)

Warren -

DSC01784.JPG

Finally pulled mine apart after the action got a bit "sticky".

P1010426.JPG

The cone of the pressure reducuer fits into a similarly shaped inverted cone (not shown) and is racked in/out by the cam which is turned by the little gold lever.

Enoch

I find if my levers get sticky the solution is dead simple. I just disconnect the beer, unscrew the tap from the shank and just unscrew the lever. All you need to do then is run the tap(s) under some warm water for a couple of minutes and then give them a rinse.

Good as new, takes 5 minutes and saves pulling them completely to bits. :beerbang:

I guess the complete overhaul like you've done would be a good thing a couple of times a year though.

Warren -

Old topic, but I'm tyring to dismantle the tap to give it a clean (the flow has been turbulent so can't pour a beer) how the heck do i get the spring off? having real trouble, thanks!

Sorry but I have to give this a bump, still having real trouble and can't pour any beer until it's fixed!

Old topic, but I'm tyring to dismantle the tap to give it a clean (the flow has been turbulent so can't pour a beer) how the heck do i get the spring off? having real trouble, thanks!

No help to you I am sorry but I just realised, I'm pretty sure my Cellis don't have springs.
:beerbang:

Looks like I have a different tap than that picture (his possibly isn't spring loaded?), however he has got that last piece out which is the one I need to give a clean as even with cleaning the rest, it still isn't pouring properly. Also when I do rotate that front piece attached to the spring gunk seems to come out so that has to be my problem, now just to work out how to get it off...

Finally pulled mine apart after the action got a bit "sticky".

P1010426.JPG

The cone of the pressure reducuer fits into a similarly shaped inverted cone (not shown) and is racked in/out by the cam which is turned by the little gold lever.

Just for reference I am looking to get the front piece on the far left off so I can clean the spring and also the piece closest to the back that has come out in this picture.

Latest posts

Back