Hello ! Newbie from N Sydney !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevezx9r

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just got into home brewing through a mate...so thought I should join up.
Originally from the UK so have a soft spot for Traditional English Ale, but over the last 7 years have gained a taste for Aussie Pale Ales.
I've dived straight into a keg a system, and picked up a couple of Coppers fermenters and fridge with external temp controller that is big enough to take both fermenters and allows me to keep it in the garage which gets pretty (/too) warm this time of year.
First brew (under mates guidance) is a James Squire inspired Pale Ale (150 Lashes), using a partial mash.
Busting to get the next batch under way and see how the 1st one drinks over Xmas!!
Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve and welcome, I'm near Taree but regularly in Chatswood - have you been into Dave's Home Brew in North Sydney? No affiliation but he'd be a brilliant source of info as well as stock.

If and when you get into all grain brewing, English Ales are amongst the easiest to emulate, especially out of the tap, and all the UK ingredients are readily available here:

30 min esb.jpg

biab parti.jpg

Edit: Chatswood not Chastwood :)

Welcome. I work in North Sydney, and have used Dave's quite a bit. if you need advice or gear local to here, he is a good source.

Latest posts

Back